number 3

"Excluding you, the survivor count is at least...seven."

"Seven?" You say, both not surprised but surprised at the same time. 

"Yup." 

"How did you find them? Or did they find you?" You ask.

"They found me. It started with two of them from Seoul who were running to the south after the zombies first attacked the north. They found me and not long after we found another in Busan as well, then after that we made our way to Daegu...found another two, then one more in Gwangju." He paused before saying, "And now you." 

"Wow. So who are these people? Like, high officials, normal citizens?" You say.

"You'll find out soon enough. We're here." Jungkook stops in a clearing in the thick forest that surrounded the two of you. Jungkook bent down and swept some of the leaves and dirt on the ground, revealing one of those wooden trapdoors that you thought you would only ever see in movies. 

"Wow, it's like those survival movies." You say. 

"That's because it is." Jungkook says, gravely.  

"So dark." You say, rolling your eyes. 

He wrenches the door open and the door lands on the ground with a loud thud. "Don't attract the zombies, yeah?" You say. 

"Don't worry, they won't come anywhere near here for a bit." Jungkook gestures towards the now open trapdoor, "After you." You hesitate slightly before moving closer to the door and squatting next to it. You lower one leg in first and then the other before letting your arms drop into the hole as well. Your feet land with a soft thump, and you're now surrounded by darkness apart from where you just came from. You move slightly, making room for Jungkook. A thump behind you tells you he's now inside as well, and a loud thud above your heads shuts the trapdoor but more importantly all of the light. 

A relieved felling washes over your as you hear and see a match struck next to you before Jungkook uses it to light a lamp he's now holding. Jungkook moves in front of you. A long tunnel is now stands in front of you, a few bugs and cobwebs here and there. Seeing you disgusted face, Jungkook says, "It's okay. The spiders are more scared of you than you are of them. Follow me." Jungkook leads the way through the tunnels, a few rights and left here and there. After a few minutes you find yourself in a small room. 

Jungkook reaches up towards the roof as you look up, your eyes following his hand. Another small door is above your heads, but not like the trapdoor. This time more like a door to an attic. Jungkook gives it a small push and it opens, revealing an old looking ladder, which lowers down towards you. Jungkook pulls the ladder down fully and makes sure it's stable before moving aside to let you climb up first. You make your way, slowly stepping up the ladder. As you head pops up into the new room you're shocked. Nothing like what you expected. 

The first thing you see is a big room surrounding you, old and unstable floorboards, beams and walls. An old couch, warm looking but faded blankets covering the couch. A small wooden table sitting on a dirty rug. A red radio on the table. You turn your head to the right and a bigger wooden table surrounded by rickety chairs. A small kitchen that looks like it hasn't been used in years. An old kettle and a few bowls, plates and cutlery near the sink. A small hallway next to the kitchen leads to what you think must be rooms and bathrooms. The whole place is decorated with fairy lights, which is the only thing providing light to the place. 

"Different than what you thought, right? What were you thinking?" Jungkook breaks your thoughts. 

"I thought, maybe it would be underground. Like underground, underground. Surrounded by dirt and bugs and sharing the place with spiders." 

Jungkook pulls off his mask for the first time and you finally get to see his face. You're surprised to see yet another piercing. A small ring on the right side of his lip. He takes off his cap and sets both the cap and mask on the (what must be) dining table. You now can see his dark, doe eyes more clearly. He dumps his bag on the (what must be) dining table, making you surprised that the table doesn't break. "I'm back!" Jungkook yells towards the hallway. You hear a few footsteps and doors opening. You count, one, two, three...four, five, six...and Jungkook, you remember. Seven. 

"Did you get all the stuff I wanted?" A man with black hair and sharp features asks Jungkook, looking excitedly through the things Jungkook was now pulling out of his bag. They all gather around the table, while some start to sort through the stuff, organize it and keep it. They don't even notice you're there until the unknown previously excited man looks up and notices you. His face drops. "Jungkook, what's this?" Jungkook looks up and follows his eyes to you.

"Oh, survivor I picked up on the way." 

"I thought we weren't letting in any more." The man said. 

"That's true Jungkook, we did say that." Another man with very short, dark brown hair and distinctive features chimed in. 

"Sorry. She was probably about to be eaten." Most of them seemed to be unhappy with your presence but there were two who seemed excited. A man with platinum colored hair moved towards you, "Come on guys. It's not like we can get rid of her now." He approached you, smiling, "Hello. My name's Jung Hoseok. Nice to meet you." He had a wide smile that seemed to light up the room. 

"I'm Y/l/n Y/n." You smile back at him. The other man who also seemed pretty excited (unlike others) about your presence came over to you, joining Hoseok. This man had black hair and also gave you a smile. But unlike Hoseok his smile was more shown through his eyes, another cute smile. "Hi, I'm Park Jimin." No one else moved. A second of silence was issued before Jungkook began pushing some of them over, "Come on." 

A man with dark brown hair and plump lips approached you first out of the remaining four. "Hi." He gave a small wave, "I'm Kim Seokjin. You can call me Jin." 

You smile, "You can call me Y/n." Next was a silver haired intimidating man. He didn't smile, but he didn't frown. He just wore a calm, expressionless but scary face. He looked at you saying, "I'm Min Yoongi." Then he moved aside without another word. Now the two men who had told Jungkook off previously for bringing you here in the first place. 

With annoyed looks they said one by one, "I'm Kim Taehyung."

"And I'm Kim Namjoon." A lot of 'Kims' here. You thought. 

"Well y/n. Make yourself at home, and we'll start getting a room ready for you." Jungkook said. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bruh. I said I would update daily. I honestly don't know what happened. Sorry !! Thanks for waiting, hope you enjoy! 🍊😊