number 4

"Jimin go prepare the spare room for y/n." Jungkook turned to Jimin, signaling with his head towards the hallway of rooms. 

"Okay." Jimin half skipped into one of the rooms, farthest from the kitchen.   

"Kimchi fried rice tonight?" Jin said, smiling, looking around at the others for their agreement. 

"Sounds good." Yoongi said before leaving the room and walking back into his room. Namjoon followed slowly after, then Taehyung was about to as well before Jimin came back out. "All ready!" He said as he walked up to you. Taehyung grabbed his shoulder stopping him before he reached you. After whispering something in Jimin's ear he left, letting go of Jimin. "Want to come see it?" Jimin asked you, ignoring whatever Taehyung had just whispered to him. 

"Sure." You followed him to one of five rackety, old, wooden doors in the hallway. He opened it moving to the side to let you in first. An old mattress sat on an old wooden bed frame covered by a few colorful warm looking blankets, and a floppy pillow. A worn out rug that looked to have once been royal blue was now a faded pastel shade. A small bedside table was placed next to the bed which housed a very dusty lamp that probably didn't work anymore. 

"Thanks." You turned around and told Jimin. 

"No problem. It's not the best but it's okay. It's better than my room..." You saw him roll his eyes slightly. 

"What's wrong with your room?" You ask. 

"It's not the furniture or anything, but trust me you don't want to share the room with someone who snores as loud as an elephant." 

You chuckle, "What?" 

"Jungkook." Jimin then bursts into a small rendition of what Jungkook's snores sound like, followed by a rendition of Namjoon's snores who apparently snores very loudly as well. 

"Wait, so you guys are sharing rooms?" You realize.

"Yup. It's the maknaes, which is me, Taehyung and Jungkook, and then Yoongi and Hoseok and in the last room is Namjoon and Jin hyung." 

You count mentally, "Wait, isn't there one more room?" 

"That's the bathroom." Jimin answers. 

You both giggle, "Oh right." 

A strong smell fills your nose as you both leave the room, Jimin closing the door behind you. "Smells good Jin hyung." Jimin said as the both of you walked back into the main room. Jin held a spoon that held a bit of fried rice on it up to Jimin as the two of you approached him. Jimin ate it, holding two thumbs up after he swallowed. You could see the closeness between them and it made you feel warm. 

"Y/n come here. I want to show you something." You turned to see Jungkook standing near the end of the room. You walk over to him and he pulls the white curtains (which you swear you didn't see before) aside, revealing a small balcony on the other side of the clear sliding door you were both now standing in front of. Jungkook pushed the sliding door open, gesturing for you to step onto the balcony. You stepped, looking around at the surroundings. More apartments across from you, the road below and a long vine covering the railing. You walked out to the railing, Jungkook following you. The vine was also covered in pretty white flowers which you were surprised had survived so far. But the thing that most caught your attention was the sun. Not realising how much of the night had been taken from you the slow sunrise was reliving. The warm orange glow filled your eyes as it slowly rose and got brighter. 

"It's nice, isn't it?" Jungkook looked at you.

You looked back. "It is. This is really nice, thank you." 

"No problem. Sometimes I wake up early just to see it." Jungkook replied.

"I see why." You stared for a bit longer before Jungkook moves back inside. You turn around as you see him squat down to turn on the radio, pulling the antenna up. All you can hear the sound of static before a faint voice comes on. Jungkook turns the dial making the voice clearer. 

"More lives were lost as zombies slowly start to invade the west. The few survivors are currently in underground secure bunkers receiving treatment from surviving medical professionals. Other survivors are yet to be confirmed, but it is believed that there are more unreported out there." 

The radio continues in the background as Jungkook stands back up to help Jimin set the table. You move towards the even stronger smell now, seeing Jimin start to bring out bowls full of fried rice, topped with a sunny side up eggs.

"Take a seat y/n." Jimin says, continuing to bring out more bowls of rice. Jungkook places spoons around the table as Jin moves to the front of the hallway and calls, "Food's ready!" Footsteps are heard and everyone comes out of their rooms, taking their seats at the table. You're seated in the middle on the long side of the big dining table which altogether seats eight people. On your right sits Jungkook, while to your left is Hoseok. Yoongi at one head of the table next to Hoseok. At the other heard of the table is Namjoon. Directly across from you is Taehyung, who sits in between Jimin and Jin. 

"Eat up." Jin says. Everyone picks up the spoons one by one and digs in.  

"Mmmm..." Jungkook makes a cute noise. "Wahhh...Jin hyung this is so good." Jungkook praises, mouth still full. 

"This is way better than I thought I would be eating while trying to survive zombies." You tell Jin. 

"What did you think you would be eating?" Jin asked. 

"I don't know. Trying a different flavor of ramen every day." Jin, Jimin and Hoseok burst out laughing. Jungkook chuckles and you can see the smiles in Yoongi, Taehyung and Namjoon even if they try to hide it. 

"Well, let's hope it doesn't come to that." Yoongi says. Everyone goes back into silence apart from the scraping of bowls and munching. 

"Well, what do you guys think? We pretty much missed our sleep waiting for Jungkook to get back, so you have a choice. You can try and get some sleep after this and we'll go through some planning. Or I guess you can go out and try and get some supplies. I don't know. Just do your own thing for the morning." Namjoon says. 

"I'm gonna sleep." Jungkook says, yawning. He gets up from his seat and dumps his bowl and spoon in the sink before heading to his room. "Night guys." 

"I'm gonna sleep too." Taehyung says, following Jungkook. 

"One can never get enough sleep." Yoongi also follows. 

"Sleep for me too." Jimin holds his hand up before getting up and doing the same. 

"I'll clean up and then sleep." Jin gets up and prepares to start washing the dishes. 

"I'll help." Hoseok gets up. "I'm not very tired, so I can go out if you want Joon." Hoseok looks at Namjoon. 

"Sure, if you want to. Just get what you think we need. And be extra careful. We'll probably need to move again soon, because they're getting closer." Namjoon stands up before walking over to the sink to hand Jin his bowl. He yawns and stretches before heading to sleep to. 

"Wanna come with me?" Hoseok looks at you. "Unless you want to sleep to of course." From all the excitement the tiredness that you felt when walking had left you. No longer in need of sleep you replied, "Sure." 

"Okay, I'll just help clean up and I'll tell you when to get ready." 

"Okay." Now filled with a new burst to excitement you walked back into your room. You were going to go out there and get supplies while zombies loomed near you. Classic zombie movie scenario. Was this real? You pinched yourself, smiling. Nope.    

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can't really be bothered with gifs rn. hope just pictures are okay !