Chapter 3.5 : Building Storm

After the group saw Eula walked passed them. They took some moment until they continued onwards into the City itself. After passing through the gates itself, Sam was obviously stunned to see how the buildings looked familiar.

He's instantly thought of the design of  Western European countries. For a moment there, he felt like home. Although not completely, but with Amber around he feels just right in.

Eula wasn't in-sight. He assumed she already arrived to the place where she settle the scores. With that in mind, this made Sam a little bit Envious. Amber came up-front of him, introducing them both to the city.

Amber : We're here! The city of the Wind, Dandelions, and Freedom.

Amber : Travelers under the protection of the Knights of Favonius, Welcome to Mondstadt!

Both Sam and Paimon noticed the quiet and distressed atmosphere. The place is also abit windy, strong enough to make Paimon slightly drift away.

Paimon : The people look... not cheerful as I thought they would be.

Amber : it's because of the dragon we-- I mean, you meet just a few moments ago. Everyone seems so out of place recently.

Amber : But not too worry! Everything will turn alright since we have--

Sam : --Me?

Amber : Not you!

Amber : Jean, of course.

Sam : I thought all the spotlight here is on me, I butchered those Hilichurls before. Don't I get a reward for that?

Amber : Those are the usual Hilichurls we deal with, no big deal.

Amber : 𝘈𝘩𝘦𝘮, with that aside. With Jean on our side, surely the scary looking dragon is no match for us!

Sam : ...She sounds strong. I dig that.

Paimon : I know what you're thinking, Sam!

Amber : Oh right! I almost forgot. Here, take this.

Sam : ...This?

Sam took the gift to what it looks like a pair of wings. Not that you can fly with it, it allows you to glide in the air while sacrificing your stamina. Stamina? No big deal for Sam.

Paimon : Hey! what about Paimon's gift!?

Amber : Oh... Can't you fly already, Paimon?

Amber : Oh! I'll treat you with traditional Mondstadt delicacy, Sticky Honey Roast. How does that sound?

Paimon : Stick Honey Roast~ That sounds delicious!

Amber : Alright then. You two, come with me to the... High grounds.

Sam : We'll have plenty of advantages on the high grounds. Effective swordsman skills.

The group walked through the City passing through stores to stores. All of the citizen are either panicking outside or taking shelter inside their respective buildings.

Sam : What's with the people here?

Paimon : Isn't that already obvious? Paimon's can't really keep up with the force of the wind

Amber : This place used to be lively, the streets were bustling... But since then, many attacks from Stormterror. The citizens here are even too scared to step a foot outside.

Amber : Oh, except that Tavern over there. they're not even bothered by it at all. If anything, their business is actually booming.

The wind kept roaring the same way as they entered a few moments ago. They shrug it off and continued to their way to the supposed "High-grounds". As they reached the stairway to the upper-parts of the city, they took noticed that the wind is getting stronger.