Chapter 11 : Defiance

It's a bright day and under the shade. Sam sleeping up on the roof of a particular building in Mondstadt, he slept comfortably as the soothing wind continues to pamper him. He decided to sleep up here since his head felt heavy. The sound of a footstep was getting more clear and louder. Along side that, a more mechanical footsteps was heard aswell. He faced the opposite direction of where the footsteps was heard, attempting to ignore it. The footsteps continued until it comes to a stop when it was close enough.

The chilling presence is already enough to know who it is without second guesses. He felt someones foot was tapping his shoulder, ignoring it at first. A continuous poking was felt from his cheek, ignoring it for the second time. Finally, a sound of a chainsaw suddenly roaring woke up him surprised. Taking a quick glance who it was, none other than Eula and, surprisingly, Bladewolf.

Sam : Oh, it's you guys. What's the matter?

Eula : I've been waiting for you ever since Wolfy was here.

Sam : Why is Wolfy here anyways? aren't you too busy talking to your girlfriend?

Bladewolf : Do not mistaken her for my love interest. Our relationship is not easily explained.

Sam : For god sake, a dog gets more girls than I do.

Bladewolf : The benefit of being a puppy, woof.

Eula : Anyway, we should get going now. Remember what the Grandmaster said, don't you?

Sam : Shit, I thought it was for it was for tomorrow...

Eula : The briefing was just around an hour ago, and it was supposed to be done today.

Sam : Yeah, yeah. We'll do it now, come on. Going Hack-n-slash is fun and all, but I need a damn break.

He streched before Eula helped him back up on his feet. Bladewolf carries his previous sword with his mouth, he left and keeping the sword in a special place. Sam who is now using his well-known HF Murasama Blade. He was honestly still confused on how they knew it was his, let alone getting the Blade in the first place. He shrugged that off for now.

It has been a few weeks since his arrival in Teyvat. So far his journey gets more more repetitive. The commissions' getting more frequent and annoying, especially Timmie.

From the roof they've been, they finally reached the usual bridge where they meet, well, Timmie. The two made eye contact, Eula felt really worried everytime these two come across with eachother. Finally they reached to the other end of the bridge, Eula felt relieved since they didn't scare the pigeons away.

Sam : So what about this Mission again?

Eula : Scouting the Fatui that established a camp nearby an ancient ruin. Did you not hear eveything in the briefing?

Sam : Listen to what?

Eula : You... Wait, where's Wolfy?

Looking back to the bridge, they saw Wolfy chasing the birds infront of Timmie. He captured one and holds it in his mouth, traumatizing Timmie. He caught up to them and giving Sam the Foul and a few feathers. She looked at Timmie who was trembling to witness a wolf murdering birds.

Sam : Here he is.

Eula : Timmie... at this point, I'm not surprised what'll happen to that boy.

Bladewolf : His mistake for sightseeing feather creatures in the middle of the bridge.

Eula : And Wolfy comes with us? I thought he would be staying at the church, since he said sacred places would keep him safe.

Sam : Seems like a certain someone looked really familiar to him. The Idol did got close to him though.