Chapter 5 : Frigid Midnight

It was 12pm, In the middle of Midnight. Sam was waiting for this moment since 10pm, the next day finally arrived, of course he brought Paimon into this.

Sam haven't slept at all, they were taking shelter in a small hut he made from fallen logs, sticks, and leaves. 

When the time has come, he ran quickly ran towards the city stomping over the pigeons by the bridge. He picked up the fowl left from the ground.

He quickly stops at the front desk of the Adventurers' Guild, resting his head on his hands right in-front of Katheryne. He was the first one to be there, the rest are either still hasn't come or isn't awake yet.

Katheryne : Ad Astra Abyssosque, welcome to the Adventurers' Guild!

Katheryne : I am most Impressed, you are the first one to have come today. You must be very excited for you very first Commissions.

Sam : Most definitely, any words from the rest of my Adventure Team?

Katheryne : Let's see... "The Four Winds", only you are present at the moment. Above all, you are the first one present from the rest of the Adventure Teams.

Sam : I'm not here for chit-chat anyways. Now that I think about it, have you been standing there for 24/7?

Katheryne : Correct, I am currently active for the Adventurer's Guild at all times.

Sam : Didn't know they have one of those receptionist cyborgs in the medieval times..

A feint footstep was heard just right behind Sam, it was none other than the Dancing Queen herself, Eula.

She was surprised to see him earlier than expected, she was still humiliated to what happened yesterday.

Sam : Ah, Pretty Girl, you've arrived. Are you surprised to see me early in this morning?

Eula : How could I not be? At this time almost everyone is asleep, except the Knights who has midnight patrol.

Sam : And I assume you are part of this Patrol?

Eula : Well... I slept at the tavern... Don't ask, I woke up a few minutes before midnight.

Sam : Are you still ashamed that you've lost against me? The amount of drinks can't even make your sorrows disappear.

Eula : I have to admit, this is worse than getting an actual punishment than you...

Sam : Now I gotta ask you something, if you woke up earlier than me, wouldn't you have came here first?

Eula : I had to wake up Amber first, of course. She was extremely tired from all the lectures she had from Jean. If you wouldn't have guessed, it has something to do with rescuing Bennett.

Eula : I have my own fair amount of lectures from the Acting Grandmaster herself, but I shrugged it off by a few drinks of course.

Sam : Now all I have to say is; you reek of wine.

Eula : Are you seriously judging my scent while you smell like burnt steak yourself.

The two was shortly interrupted by the sound of a yawn, it was no surprise that it was Amber.