137 | The Unfavored

THE QUIET STADIUM INSTANTLY changes as every single white uniform stood up from their seats to cheer for the winner. As Crazy 8's flag falls to the ground, Max looks back at Siren and stares at her.

     "My name is River Hansen, Sky's twin brother." Such words echoed inside Max's head as the cheers continue to unfold. No one could believe what they saw. It literally happened so fast.

     "And that's why he's a prince," Felix says with a heavy sigh before sitting back down on his seat. "No one would have anticipated the lights turning off. It would seem like a great disadvantage to Crazy 8, but seeing how PHD didn't even have night-vision goggles or anything to help them see themselves made it clear that it was a disadvantage for all of them. It just so happened that Hee-joon knew what to do."

    Max looks back at Felix and sighs. Crazy 8's defeat means Felix's defeat too, but Max can't directly say anything. Instead, he subtly pats him in the back and says, "I guess it's just one of those days. PHD is pissed off after all so they're not here to stall. I bet BND wouldn't have won against them either if they were in that position."

    Felix doesn't say anything, but he nods his head in agreement. "Well whatever, it's not like I care," he replies. "I'm still not sure why PHD specifically targeted Crazy 8 after finding out about the confession, but I know one thing, and it's that our club advisor won't make light of this situation."

     "Do the royals know who Siren really is? Do they think it's Sky?" Max thought to himself while staring at Crazy 8 who was being assisted by the medic. He then looks back at Felix and tells him, "No point worrying about this now. We should head back to our clubroom first and see what happens."

    Felix and Max head back to Omega's clubroom with the rest of the members. Everyone was expecting to see their club advisor there, but to their surprise, he was nowhere to be found.

     The omegas waited in agony until the bell finally rang, indicating that it was already their lunch break.

     "I know you've all been feeling tense, so go grab your lunch and relax for a bit," Payton says to their members, and everyone nodded their heads and went out.

     As everyone was getting their lunch, Max takes a deep breath and stares out of the window. Sky didn't come to their clubroom, and there was only one reason for that...he was at the clinic. With Kim Hee-joon's shot, he had to be confined to their clinic and wasn't allowed to come out until he was fully recovered.

     But is Sky really not Siren? If he was, it would have been way too easy. No one has known Siren's identity for years, but then she would randomly just break character like this and jeopardize her identity? It wouldn't make any sense.

     "Max? You ready?" Felix calls out, bringing Max back to his senses.

     "I'm sorry, but can you head to the Great Hall first? I'll follow you right after," Max says. Felix didn't know the reason for it, but he nodded his head and leaves the room as Max instructed.

     "Hey Max, you gotta hurry it up. I'm gonna lock the door," Payton — who was still in the room — says as Max walks to his locker to get his bag.

     "I'll be quick."

     Payton sighs but nods his head as Max unzipped his bag. As soon as he opened it, he saw a bottle of perfume inside. He takes the perfume out and stares at it, remembering his conversation with Sky's twin brother before the battle with Crazy 8 and PHD even happened.

     [Earlier before the battle began: At the Omega Clubroom]

     "The one who we have been meeting here, our new club advisor, that wasn't you, was it?" Max asks first, staring at River who seemed to be ready to answer all of Max's questions.