A cold, Freezing Night // Omegaverse

The wind blew harsh on the glass of the window. Erwin Smith glanced at the cold snow whirling about outside, the white crystals contrasting the dark midnight sky. The man had been up for a while now, dark circles running below his eyes which drooped with exhaustion. A single candle flickered in a desolate area of the room. It casted ominous shadows here and there, making an uncanny wave rush over the blond man. He sighed and picked up the coffee that sat on his desk, gulping down any tired yawns that might escape. The man sighed again when he heard a knock sound at his door.

"Come in," he said, the coffee being set on the table with a sort of clink. Smith was fine, content even. He was steadily getting work done although it was late. That was the case until the door opened half an inch. Erwin immediately halted.

"Erwin...."

Levi's voice was deep and gravely. He let out heavy huffs and puffs, obviously struggling with breathing. "Erwin," Levi said again.

The scent hit him like a ton of bricks. The strong stench of green tea leaves, honey and sugar. It was as manly as it was sweet. The smell crept in the crack of the door and snuck through the room, eventually reaching the blond's nose. He scrunched up his face and lifted a hand to cover his nose as to not breath it in, but it was too late. The scent was too strong and too abundant and he inhaled it.

Levi and Erwin were close. They were commander and captain. Colleagues at work, friends at home. They respected each other and loved each other as two men who worked and lived with each other everyday. They ate meals together. Went to the bath house together. Slept in the same room on occasion. They had the bond of brothers which could never be broken. But now Levi was here, like this, in this state, and Erwin's body shivered.

"Levi, what is the meaning of this?" Erwin questioned, confused yet intrigued. The door was opened more and Erwin could now smell all of Levi, also being subject to viewing his full body. He leaned back in his chair and clutched the arms of it with his rather large hands. The candle faltered but didn't go out, the light in the room flickering and then restoring again.

"Erwin, please. It's never been this bad."

The blond grit his teeth and sucked in a breath. Both Levi and Erwin had known each other long enough to learn they were of two different secondary genders. Erwin being a male omega and Levi a male alpha. This was never a problem between the two. Both always took their suppressants and respected space during heats and ruts. They never took advantage of each other's second gender. To both of them, it was just part of who the other was. It wasn't a weapon or something to be abused. A secondary gender was just... Part of life. And the two understood that. They were always on the same page.

"Erwin, I don't," Levi choked out, coughing and lifting his head. The grey eyes Levi possessed pierced into Erwin's soul. Levi's face was contorted into a rough and urgent pleading expression. He was clenching his jaw and the soft yellow light of the candle illuminated drool dripping down his chin. "Erwin I don't know what to do," Levi whispered.

Erwin was at a loss of words. What was to be done? Levi had always been good about staying in his room during ruts. He took his suppressants every morning and contained himself. Levi even made sure to cover the bottom of the door on his room to not disturb any omegas that may be walking by. He was a good Alpha, an amazing one even. So why was he here now? Why was this any different?

Erwin did his best to stand up the shaky legs he jumped up to in surprise. He still had no idea what to do, his mind was empty and void of any reason or thought. The commander blinked a few times and shifted his uneasy weight, trying to make sense of the situation. Levi was in a rut, that was obvious. But the smell Levi was emitting was going straight to Erwin's dick and he felt his body shake with excitement, also becoming weak with his natural submission.