Interval 1 PART 2 - Fight and Rescue

I couldn't help but wonder what happened as I ran toward the screams. Was there a fight? Did the machines take a resistance patrol by surprise?

I think it is unlikely. This part of the city is far from the resistance camp, there is nothing to them here. I only walk through these parts out of necessity, after all, I need food and prefer to avoid fights.

The gunfire got louder as I ran through the streets, but I quickly backed off and hid next to the wall of a building g when I turned a corner. There were three machines on the street ahead, two Small Stubby and one Medium Biped.

The stubby was clumsy and barely reached my belly, but the biped leading the group was the problem, being much taller than me and having humanoid arms and legs which gave it a lot of versatility, not to mention, of course, the possibility of it pu...

The stubby was clumsy and barely reached my belly, but the biped leading the group was the problem, being much taller than me and having humanoid arms and legs which gave it a lot of versatility, not to mention, of course, the possibility of it punching me with its metallic hands.

The eyes of the three machines glowed red as they stood in front of an abandoned store.

I saw a female android inside the store, she lay on the floor, leaning against a bookshelf and pointing a pistol at the machines. She pulled the trigger frantically, but nothing happened, the gun was out of bullets.

What situation did I get myself into? The machines didn't see me. I can get to my house safely if I turn around, however, the android will die if I do that, and this would weigh on my conscience.

The other option would be to save the android, but I would risk dying by the machines. What should I do? What should I do? I had to decide soon because the machines advanced toward the store.

I slowly put my hand in my pocket and felt the hilt of my weapon, technology has advanced a lot in terms of weaponry during the millennia, and I saw many interesting weapons in my travels around the world.

However, most were too heavy for me to carry when traveling, so I chose something more practical, I named it Thunder Knife.

The knife was a beautiful piece of technology, shaped like a combat knife, but completely black with striped camouflage patterns. The blade was made of steel and extremely sharp, great for cutting or piercing.