Timeline

Good morning! I know this is not the chapter you were hoping for, but I believe it will be helpful. As you know, my storie begin well before the events of Nier Automata, with the protagonist going through events that have only been mentioned in other media.

So to help the reader I have created this timeline with the relevant events, as the story progresses I will update the timeline.

Some events may be missing because they are only mentioned. I will put them when the specific date is put in the story.

Hope this was helpful.

Nier Automata Journeys in the 12th Millennium

Timeline

2003 - Grotesque Queen arrives in Tokyo with Cain and Angelus, Alan is present at the time, after the fight, the Queen falls apart, Cain and Angelus are knocked down by a missile from a jet, as they fall, Cain hits Alan and Alan is sent to the future.

4190 - Alan wakes up in the Kingdom of Night, in an unknown city in South America, he wanders through the deserted city in search of people and trying to find out what happened, in a hospital he meets Novi, The Last Survivor and the SHADES, both flee to Novi's house.

4190 - Novi teaches Alan how to survive, training him physically, in combat and in the use of firearms, Novi tells Alan what she knows about the SHADES and the disease that killed the townspeople. Upon getting the weapons, the two explode a warehouse full of SHADES, one of them survives and absorbs other SHADES in the city.

4191 - Alan's training continues, Novi and him grow closer.

4192 - Novi and Alan are chased by an army of SHADES, the two flee through the city on a bicycle, until they are surrounded in an office building, the two fight against the SHADES and are injured. Novi and Alan arrange a date.

4192 - The Basilisk emerges and chases Novi and Alan through the sewers, the two defeat the Basilisk by throwing dynamite into its mouth, a SHADE comes out of the Basilisk's corpse and crawls towards Alan, Alan kills the SHADE, leaving a family photo when disappearing.

4193/4196 - Alan and Novi grow even closer, date, and get married.

4197 - Novi gets sick.

4198 - Novi dies from illness, Alan tries to turn himself in to the SHADES, but all the SHADES disappear, leaving Alan alone in the city.

4199 - Alan goes into mourning, develops a drinking problem and becomes mentally unstable. Other Me is born.

4199 - Manah appears to Alan, Alan believes Manah is a hallucination but Manah says otherwise. Manah says she knows a way for Alan to see Novi again, but needs to be taken to the Amazon Rainforest, Manah and Alan make a pact.

7645 - In the Kingdom of Night, in the country of El Salvador, in the capital San Salvador, Alan tries to reach Alaska due to rumors that his men would be there, but he is delayed by the machines that stand in his way.

7645 - Watcher torments Alan with nightmares of the past, and something that happened in the Amazon Forest, Alan found Novi, but not in the way he expected, many androids died in the process. Alan remembers his pact, the mark is above the heart.

7645 - Prometheus crashes in San Salvador, Prometheus and Alan meet at the football stadium, the two talk and Prometheus realizes that Alan's heart doesn't beat, Prometheus says they want to give "life" to the machines and offers to take Alan to space, Alan refuses and Prometheus returns to their trip around the world in search of parts.

7645 - Months later, Alan arrives in Guatemala, at Puerto San José, but makes little progress on his journey. A modified ship appears, this ship is controlled by Prometheus, Prometheus offers to take Alan to Alaska, in exchange Alan keeps Prometheus company, the two talk one last time.

7645 - Prometheus starts his launch into space, on the way he gives "life" to the machines, with a last goodbye, Prometheus disappears into space. Alan arrives in Alaska, where he finds machines acting like humans, he is fined 100,000,000,000Gs for docking in a prohibited place. Alan has not paid the fine until today.

11732 - Alan in the rank of General, leads the recuperation of Germany, from the capital, Berlin, with several operations taking place simultaneously, the rational machines are moved to a safe place, works of art are transported to the vaults of the Organization for the Management and Recovery of Human Heritage, and the aggressive machines are eliminated.

11732 - A new wave of androids are taken to Germany, leaving directly from the factories and taken to Berlin, Alan greets the recruits, one of them called Anemone.

11945 - Alan starts his broadcasts and the events of the present occur.