Chapter 2

Another few weeks had passed, and Keith was starting to feel a bit better. His conversation with Shiro really had helped, even if Shiro hadn't actually known what was wrong. This would all be over soon, and all Keith had to do was keep the others from finding out he was half Galra. Given that he himself hadn't known until a couple months ago, this should be easy as pie.

The team had been keeping up contact with the Blades of Marmora and had even helped them out on a couple of missions. The plan was to eventually work together and combine forces to defeat Zarkon once and for all. That was a ways off, however, as both sides would need more resources before they could even begin thinking about coming up with a plan.

As of right now, the Blades and Voltron had been working together to free as many planets from the Galra's grasp as they could. Most of the team had finally become accustomed to working with Galra, to defeat the Galra, but not all of them were quite as convinced. Allura and Lance namely were not afraid to make sly comments about the evil of the Galra, in front of members of the Blades. It was conversations like these that solidified Keith's need to keep his identity a secret.

"Galra?! I... I can't be Galra!" Keith shouted as he looked at the blade in his hand.

"It is true," Kolivan assured. "There is no mistake, only a Galra can wield a Blade of Marmora."

"But... my friends..." Keith could feel himself beginning to panic. "I... they're going to hate me when they find out..."

"Then stay." He offered, "Train. You have skill young Paladin. With the proper training regiment, you could be a full-fledged Blade of Marmora."

"What?" Keith looked up at him in surprise. "I... I can't... my friends... you don't know what it's like if I..."

"Don't I?" Kolivan asked sadly. "Some may view you as lucky, Keith. You are half Galra, yet you appear to be human. For the rest of the Blades, we have to live with discrimination every day, simply because we resemble the oppressors who have taken over the galaxy."

"I'm sorry..." Keith looked down, "You're right... I am lucky..."

Kolivan laid a clawed hand on his shoulder, "Apology accepted. I know that this must be a difficult time for you. Do not feel pressured to accept my invitation, just know that you are always welcome. The Blades will never turn their back on a fellow Galra. Half-human, or not."

"Thank you..." Keith gave him a small smile, "One more thing... do you think it's possible to not mention... me... to the other Paladins?"

Kolivan nodded, "This conversation does not have to leave this room. However..." he looked at him seriously. "I would suggest that you do tell them eventually. You are setting yourself to carry a lifelong secret, that were they to find out about it later, would most likely only make them react worse."

"I'll think about it..." Keith said quietly.

"That's all I ask." He nodded. "Now, it is probably time for us to return to your friends. I'm sure they are probably worried about you."

Keith snorted, "Allura is probably trying to convince them to blow up the base as we speak."

"Then let's make sure that doesn't happen. One last thing," he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small communicator, and handed it to Keith. "This way you have a way of getting in contact with me. I shall give Voltron a more official way of getting in touch with the Blades, but this is for if you need to specifically get in contact with me. In case you have any questions about your Galra heritage...."

"I... thank you... I appreciate it." Keith put the communicator in his pocket as he walked them back to the red lion. He had a lot to unpack, and all he really wanted to do was sleep. He let out a sigh and started heading back to the Castle of Lions.

He still couldn't believe it had been 2 months since he found out he was Galra. It felt like he had been keeping this secret for his entire life. He hated lying to his friends, but he also knew that only bad things could come from telling them the truth.

"Hey, mullet!" Keith looked up from his daydream and saw Lance, Allura, and Pidge.

Allura waved him over. "Hunk is almost finished with dinner. Come join us."

"Ok." He gave them a small smile as Pidge began telling a story about some new invention she was working on. He laughed as Lance tripped when he tried to hold the door to the dining room open for Allura. He couldn't help himself from letting out a content sigh. If telling them meant that he would lose moments like this with his friends, then he would take this secret to his grave.

(A/N - Hey guys. Thanks for reading. I hope you like it so far. When I say Vol, you say...)