Chapter 20

Pidge sighed, "Keith, even if we are somehow able to jump the guard and free ourselves, we will still be trapped because of the doors."

"I... have a plan." He said quietly. "Trust me..."

He turned around and met Shiro's eyes. "I..." He could see Keith begging him to believe him. "I trust you..."

"How are we going to take care of any guards we come across?" Lance asked. "We don't have our weapons."

"I'll handle it..." Keith said with confidence.

Shiro looked over at him, still unsure of what exactly he was planning. "If Keith says he's got it, then I believe him. So here's the plan..."

They all started making a ton of noise, so eventually, the guard had no choice to see what was going on. "If you all don't shut up in here, I'll..." but before he had time to finish his sentence, Keith hit him over the head, knocking him out.

They all ran out of the cell and were now face to face with the bio scanner. "Alright Keith, whatever this big plan of yours is, I hope it works," Lance said sarcastically.

Keith took a deep breath before walking over to the scanner. He took off his glove and place his hand onto the pad. They all held their breath before it finally slid open. Keith quickly put his glove back on and turned to them.

They all stared at him in surprise. "How... how did you do that?" Shiro stared at him.

He turned back around, "We can... talk later. Right now, we need to focus on getting out of here."

While they were still curious, they accepted that response and began running down the hall.

"Ok," Pidge glanced at the screen on her wrist, "I'm not exactly sure which of these rooms will have our weapons in them, so we will just have to check all of them."

"Can you scan the room to see if there are any guards in there?" Lance asked.

She nodded, "I'm detecting four life signatures in this room."

"How are we going to take out that many guards without our weapons?" Hunk asked miserably.

Before they could come up with a plan, they saw Keith get up, open the door, and storm into the room. They were about to go in after him when they heard the guards yelling in pain. A moment later, Keith walked back out. "All clear." His hands and face were covered in blood. He tried to wipe some of it off on his sleeve but he only succeeded in smearing it.

"How did you..." Shiro gapped at him when they peeked into the room and saw the guards laying on the floor, covered in blood.

Before they had time to ask any more questions, Keith had moved on to the next door. They kept up this rhythm until they got to the last door.

"Ok..." Pidge pulled up the map. "Our weapons have to be in here. I'm detecting over a dozen life signatures."

"Dude, there's no way you can take them all by yourself." Lance pleaded with him. Keith seemed... different. He had blood all over him, but he didn't even seem to care.

He silently stood up and walked over to the door. This time though, the others joined him. they weren't going to let him do this alone.

As soon as they opened the doors, the guards spotted them. They started firing at them, but the paladins were quickly able to find some cover. "Look!" Hunk pointed at a table against the opposite wall. "Our weapons are over there! We just need to distract them so we can go get them."

"I..." they looked over at Keith who was hanging his head. "Don't watch... ok? I... don't want you to see... me..." they had no idea what he was talking about and watched as he jumped over their makeshift barricade.

Their eyes widened as they watched Keith in action. He moved with speeds that they had never seen him possess before. He scratched at the guard's left and right and left gaping wounds where he had touched them. Then, to their surprise, he jumped onto the back of one of them and bit them in the neck. They watched as the guard crumpled lifelessly to the ground.

"Keith...?" Shiro asked in shock.

Keith spit out a glob of blood and flesh before he looked over at him with tears in his eyes, "Sorry..."

Shiro slowly went over to him and wrapped him in a hug. "You don't have anything to apologize for..." he gently tried to wipe some of the blood off of Keith's face. "You saved us..."

"Guys, we need to go!" Pidge called, "There are more guards coming to our location."

They all quickly grabbed their weapons, while Lance helped Shiro reattach his arm. Once they had everything, they ran towards their lions and made their way back to the castle. Keith shuttered as he pulled into the hangar. The thing he feared the most was finally happening... and he didn't know if he would be able to take it...

(A/N - Hey guys, thanks for reading. When I say Vol, you say...)