Chapter 10

The next day, Keith rolled out of bed and went to the bathroom to clean up. He started by getting dressed, then moved on to brushing his teeth. However, he let out a yelp when he tried to brush one of his fangs and accidentally ripped the bristles out of the toothbrush. He sighed, looks like he would just be using mouth wash until he was able to get the hang of them a bit more. Lastly, he brushed his hair into place, before heading down towards the dining room.

When he walked him, Allura and Coran were already seated, and he could hear Hunk in the kitchen finishing up. "Good morning lad, sleep well?" Coran greeted.

Keith gave him a small wave and nodded. The two Alteans gave each other a look of concern as the rest of the paladins walked in.

"Good morning everyone." Lance greeted. "What's Hunk cooking in there?"

"I believe he was cooking more of that meat from yesterday," Allura answered.

Keith's ears perked up, and he had to make sure they weren't actually sticking out. That sounded so good right now, but he couldn't eat in front of them. He would just have to take some back to his room later.

"Good morning." Keith looked up nervously as Shiro sat down directly across from him. "How are you feeling today?" Keith just gave him a thumbs up, unable to meet his eyes. Shiro was about to ask him about it when Hunk came in with the food.

"Wow Hunk, this looks delicious!" Pidge praised.

And she was right, it did look amazing, and it smelled wonderful, but when Hunk tried to place a plate down Keith just shook his head.

"Huh?" Hunk along with everyone else just stared at him. "You're not hungry?" Keith shook his head again.

"Keith, what's wrong?" Allura asked, "You haven't been acting like yourself."

"Keith, buddy, talk to us," Shiro begged.

He had to keep the tears from welling up in his eyes but shook his head.

"You can't talk to us?" Pidge asked and he nodded.

"Did something happen on a mission? Did you hurt your throat?" Coran asked with concern. He shook his head.

"Are you cable to talk?" Hunk asked. Nod. "But you won't?" another nod.

"But why?" Lance along with everyone else was confused but he just hung his head.

"Are you ever going to talk to us again?" Shiro asked sadly.

Keith couldn't meet their eyes as he sadly shook his head. They could see the tears dripping down his cheeks.

Pidge couldn't take it and threw her arms around him. "I... we don't know what's going on, but we're here for you Keith... you're our friend..."

They all stood up and gathered him in a group hug. He hated doing this to them... but it was the only way...

(A/N- Hey guys! Thanks for reading! When I say Vol, you say...)