Chapter 30 - A small gift for the Devil

"I heard my name." Callahan said standing just behind us, "Did you call?"

Both Miory and I froze.

I tilted my head above my shoulders and saw Callahan standing there with his one brow raised.

"Err... Wow! Devionth!" Miory turned around and said, "Didn't see you coming."

"That's because I didn't make my energy visible enough for you to catch me." He said.

"Where have you been?" I asked a little bit of anger visible in my voice.

"I had some urgent work that needed my immediate attention." He said leaving out all the details.

"Well, you could have at least informed me before disappearing." I said and turned my head toward the bras that hung. I kept checking the prices without being able to concentrate on the numbers.

"Well, now that you are here, it is my time to leave." Miory said and was about to go toward the counter when Callahan said, "Wait."

She looked at him warily as he asked, "Were you bad mouthing me?"

"What! Never."

"I heard the last conversation." He said and Miory paled.

"It was a joke." I said defending Miory.

At that, Callahan looked between us with amusement dancing in his eyes. "Wow, nice work, Miory. You seem to gain a fan who is siding with you."

She let out a nervous chuckle and I said to Miory, "Miory, thank you for this wonderful day."

She smiled and looked at Callahan who nodded at her and it seemed he dismissed her with that as she went to pay for her things.

I didn't look at him as I kept fiddling with the bras.

"You want to buy that bra?" He asked and I realized we were in the women lingerie section. My face heated and the bra I was holding fell on the ground as if I was burnt by it.

"Wha- no!" I dashed toward the counter but he caught my hand.

"If you really want it, I can buy it for you." He said and if my face was red before now it turned to a tomato.

I turned around almost fuming at him and also embarrassed. "No! I don't want you to buy me a...bra."

He grinned as he saw my face and I knew he liked how my face was red. He was just enjoying teasing me.

He hung the bra before my face that fell on the floor previously and said, "I bet this one will look good on you."

A gap formed on my mouth as I snatched the lingerie and dashed toward the counter. Blast him!

He was doing this intentionally. I was mad at him for disappearing on me again. He did it before as well but that time it was my fault.

As I went to the counter I placed all the clothes.

"Are you mad at me for some reason?" He asked just behind my ears and I saw the counter boy's face turn red because he was leaning over me while his face was just behind my left ear.

"Stand straight!" I whisper-yelled at him and gave the counter boy my card but Callahan snatched it while giving him another card.

I looked at him with wide eyes as he whispered, "A man should pamper his woman and I am your boyfriend so..." He gave me a tight-lipped smile, "let me pamper you, sweetheart."