10

As Sauda cleaned the water that was poured on the tiles and wiping her tears from her eyes, she heard someone salam and she tensed up at the familiar voice.

"Anti hauwa ina wuni (good afternoon)" she gave Nabil's mother a small smile.

"How are you Sauda. Aa..." she said as she saw her with a mop. "Can't the maid do this? Where is she?"

"No I just spilled a little water as I did the dishes, I asked her to rest a bit. What brings you here Ummi?" She asked moving the mop back where it belonged. "Let me get you some refreshments."

"No just water is fine" she said. As Sauda cane back, she dropped the water and poured some in a glass cup. "Look how drenched you are you could catch a cold, go change now" she said and Sauda complied.

While she was changing, she could not help but let some tears fall out of her eyes. Why was Nabil being like that? It was far better when he was ignoring her. And now they didn't even pray together.

She wiped the tears away, composed herself and walked out of the room. She was about to enter the kitchen when she saw Nabil with his mother. He was smiling genuinely and wholeheartedly. If only he knew how beautiful his smile was. What can she do to get that smile?

She heard his mother biding him goodbye, and that's when she entered.

"And Sauda, keep being happy you two" she said. If only you knew.

Sauda smiled a bit as Nabil escorted his mother to the door. As he came back, he got his laptop and sat on the couch.

Sauda was about to go back to her room, when he called her back.

"And where are you going?" He said

"To my room" she replied

"Sit here" he motioned to the sit opposite him. "If i have to live with you I'll have to get used to your damn face right?"

She slowly went to sit on the one seater, and she thankfully had her phone with her. She scrolled through social media, but it becamw boring all the way.

She was overjoyed and a wash of relieve hit her when she was being called. It was Haidar.

She looked up at him and back at the phone. "Who is it?"

"Its Saada" she lied

"Dont answer it" he simply said.

"You're not talking to me and you still don't want me to talk to other people?" She asked and he looked up

"So help me I hear that ring again" he said and continued what he was doing. What is wrong with this man?

She leaned back on the chair, putting her phone in silent just in case. The adhan of the Maghrib prayer  was heard, and she let out a silent sigh of relief.

He got up and left for the Masjid without another word.

Bipolar little freak!

She got up to pray as well. As she was done praying. A call came again. She picked up

"Are you done with your honeymoon, or do I have to send you a pleading note to get you?" Miss Fatima ranted on the phone

"No Miss I'm sorry, I'll report as soon as I can" she said.

"if you don't report latest by next tomorrow, yoi wont like the look on my face" she said and immediately ended the call. She looked down keepibg her phone face down on the table.

Nabil came back 30 minutes after the conclusion of the prayer.

She went to serve him his food on the table. She sat next to him but the look he gave her made her move back. 3 feet apart.

She cleared her throat. "Nabil..." she called but he still didn't look up.

"I wanted to talk to you about the foundation. They are demanding I go back by tomorrow, so I was wondering if I could go back"she said her head hanging low. She was waiting to get shouted at.

She looked up, and met with his light brown eyes. She was getting scared already. But he looked back down on his food.

She was utterly disappointed, as dhe got up to go back to her room.

~°~

Wattpad is such an effed up app. I published everything oo. Ashe it only published 1-5 then skipped everything then oublished ten😶 smh

Anyways sha, enjoyy