X

"How dare you drag me along with you without even asking me," said Eliona, bickering with Raiden as they walked the halls.

"Technically, I did ask you, but you couldn't wait to bite my head off when I did."

"You think telling me to go somewhere with you is asking me?"

"Hey, guys," interrupted Sebastian. He didn't want to get caught up in the crossfire, but he had something to help them find Yuki, "Wax can probably track Luna's fox down with us."

"What?" outraged Eliona, "Why didn't you say so sooner? We didn't have to split up in the first place!"

"Well, it didn't occur to me then."

"Didn't occur to you," she approached him with a fist, but Raiden held her back. "Oi! Don't touch me!" she threw that fist at him instead, punching him in the gut. Scary, thought Sebastian — he chose not to waste any more of their time.

"Wax!" called he, and the basilisk swirled into existence beside him. Cadets passing by screamed at the sight of him, running the other way.

"Why have you interrupted my sleep?" said Wax. Even more cadets turned back the way they came when they saw him. Wax shot a glare at that same corner — "Oi! You pesky elves. This dirty mongrel you speak of can take your life with a single touch of his finger. Scram, before I poison you myself."

He spat acid near their feet, and the heads peeking out of that corner had vanished into the halls.

"Ohohoh," smirked Eliona, "I think I like this basilisk of yours."

"Oh, yeah? Show me the thickness of your skin, and I'll consider allowing you the pleasure of enjoying my companionship."

"Oi, Wax," interrupted Sebastian.

"Oh, he's a perv too," Eliona's smirk turned to disgust.

"Not even close," said Wax, "Of course, I should've expected such depraved thoughts from the likes of you dirty men."

"I'm glad we can agree on men being dirty."

"I mean you, half-elf."

"What'd you say?" she raised her fist again, but Raiden grabbed her. "I'll have you know I'm a full-fledged woman! I don't think I like this basilisk anymore."

"Really?" said Raiden, "I think you two are a perfect match," he chuckled, but not for long — Eliona kicked him in the groin, knocking him down to the ground.

"Not ... not the kids, please," groaned he, groveling on the floor.

"We still need to find Yuki!" said Sebastian, reminding them of the situation at hand.

"Yuki's been lost, eh?" said Wax, "Good riddance. That mischievous little fox never let me rest. No wonder I'd been getting such good sleep before you summoned me."

"Yeah, well, we need her back. She's not responding to her summons. Can you track her for us?"

"What do I get out of that?"

"What do you want?"

"I want one of those extra rooms all to myself so I wouldn't be bothered anymore."

"I can make it happen," smiled Sebastian. So they got to work, and Wax picked up on Yuki's trail. They followed the rooster snake as he cleared the halls of every single living entity in sight. He seemed exceptional at crowd control — it was perfect for the Lionhearts, considering the ridicule they endure every moment they spend outside of their common room.

"Her trail ends here," said Wax. They ended up beside one of the doors in the tower of houses. Sebastian looked around — could it be that she had entered the portal leading to another house's common room? But why? Or rather, how did Yuki manage?