𝐃𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐤

TW: Abuse and Drinking

✰✰✰

Kie had just finished her shift at The Wreck for the night. She never realized how long she had been working until she looked at how dark it was outside. Today was very tiring with all the surfing she had done and working after didn't help. She looked at her watch that read the time 10:36 which meant she had enough time to go get her things at the Chateau and be back at home before curfew.

Before she left she told her parents she had to make a quick arrend which they seemed okay with because they were too tired to even care. She untied her waitress apron and grabbed her keys and drove to the Chateau.

Along the way, she wondered who would be there at this time because most of the time everyone would be out doing their own little thing. Or they would bring back some random touron to screw in the guest room. This usually grossed her out because it would always be JJ, the one person she wished didn't do these things.

She always kind of wished he wasn't such a playboy because he was nothing like that around her. He was kind and sweet, he had a good heart deep down he just wasn't one to show it off often. Not that she was saying he was a bad person, he was just too flirty and horny all the time. If he wasn't screwing tourons half the time he would be a really good boyfriend to someone. He'd probably be super protective, loving, and caring towards her.

Sometimes she would even think about what it would be like if she was with JJ. It would even calm her down sometimes which was odd. She knew she couldn't have feelings for him I mean it was her best friend after all. And they have already been down that road once.

Once she arrived at the Chateau, she tried her best to shake away those thoughts that made her cheeks feel all warm. She looked around before entering and noticed that there were no cars outside so no one was probably here. When she stepped on the porch she could sense someone was inside, but she had no clue who it could have been. She walked through the screen door and immediately noticed the beer bottles smashed on the kitchen floor. This sight scared her because she has seen this multiple times from JJ when he was upset. He would always use drinking as an escape from the pain. Most times she would stay away from him when he was like this because he was a completely different person.

As she crept through the house she could hear faint sounds of crying and yelling which meant she was getting closer. None of the lights were on in the house except for the guest room which means he had to be in there. She was usually afraid because she had never been by herself when JJ was drunk. But this time she decided it was going to be different because she was going to be there for him and help him.

When she reached the room she saw JJ was sitting against the wall near the door facing away from the doorway. This meant JJ was oblivious to Kie being here. He was extremely shitfaced this time, she could tell by the way he swayed his head back and forth and how jittery he seemed. Trying not to scare him she knelt to where he was sitting and gently rubbed his shoulder. This made him flinch, but he wasn't too scared.

"Kie what are you doing here, you shouldn't be here!" He looked up completely out of it slightly raising his voice like he was mad that she was here with him. She didn't listen and she continued to help him up from the floor. She decided it would be better if he was in the living room on the couch instead of the floor. He was very difficult to work with because he would cooperate with her. He kept stumbling and trying to fall right back on the floor.