𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠

✰✰✰

It was that time again. The time that Kiara Carrera absolutely hated, Midsummer. But this time it was gonna be different. Because she was going with her best friend as her date.

She had never been excited about a formal event with Kooks until now. She was also slightly confused. Her relationship with JJ was quite complicated. When they finally returned to the OBX once and for all, things between the two started to take a turn.

One night her and JJ had one of those moments that they wouldn't forget. JJ kissed Kie for the first time and it was a sparks-flying, epic kiss that blew Kiara away. Everything was perfect until the next day when things started to become awkward and tense. The next few days they acted normally, but things never seemed to settle. They continued to flirt constantly, but never brought up the kiss again. A week later he asked her to Midsummer as a friend, but both of them knew that was not even close to what it was like.

******

Currently, it 2 days before the Midsummer party, and JJ was dragged to go dress shopping with Kiara. She only made him go because she wanted to get his opinion on the dresses and they needed to find a suit for him as well. They arrived at the best dress shop in Kildare Island, Salty Sandollar Boutique. It was a tiny boutique that Kiara's mom had been begging her to go to. She finally gave it a chance and so far she wasn't regretting anything.

Kie was currently dragging JJ inside the boutique and she wasn't exaggerating, "Come on it will only take a few hours!" She giggled waiting to get an overly dramatic reaction from him.

"Hours?! No, no, no, please don't make me do this. I beg you anything, but this!" He pleaded trying to escape Kie's grasp, but it was no use because they were already in the boutique and he didn't wanna embarrass himself.

Kie walked up to the front counter with JJ locked at her arm. She remembered her mother made a reservation for her and even had a few dresses picked out. She was most likely gonna go completely against her mother like she always has. "Excuse me ma'am" she rang the tiny bell on top of the desk. A tiny middle-aged woman attended the desk with a big bright smile on her face that was obviously fake. "I have an appointment today under Anna Carrera for trying on dresses and suits" she added earning another dramatic reaction from J. She never told him that he was also trying on suits for Midsummer. She made him believe that they would just pick up some suit, but nothing too fancy.

"Wait what? You said we were just dress shopping-" before he continue to complain, Kie cut him off by resuming talking to the desk lady. "We would like a dressing room please?" The little lady listened to Kie not giving any attention to JJ.

She lead the way to the back of the store with multiple dressing rooms. Kie followed snatching JJ's hand so he would follow as well. "You owe me..." he whispered in her ear finally giving in to the torture. Kie blushed at the sudden change of attitude and the fact he whispered lowly in her ear.

The lady stopped showing us our room before asking, "Which would you like to try on first? The dresses or the tuxes?"

"The dresses please!" She answered enthusiastically becoming more excited about dress shopping now than she ever has. JJ huffed loudly plopping down on the fancy chair placed in front of the dressing room with pretty pink curtains. Kie was excited but was starting to become nervous when she thought about how she would have to show off every dress to JJ. And she knew how he was when it came to girls wearing pretty or sexy outfits. She thought sneakily as she planned to tease him as much as she could. She was definitely gonna catch his attention at some point today.