Chapter 19

April 20th, 2022 10:30 pm

Morgana's POV

"So all I wanted to say was...well, it;s not as simple as I'm making it sound." I sighed. 

"Okay." Mal replied, looking at me. 

"So the other day, Kelley said something that threw me through a loop." I started. 

"Okay." 

"And it made me really think for a second. More than a second, really. More like a while. And I wanted you to hear it from me and not someone at practice." I took a deep breath. Then I stopped for a bit longer. "Kelleythinksyouhaveabigcrushonmeandidon'tknowifit'strue. AndAshleythinkssotooandtheysaidit'sobvious." 

"Wh-what?" 

"Kelley and Ashley think-" 

"No, I understood that...somehow." She said. "But why do they think that?" 

"Well they said it was obvious." 

"What was obvious about it?" 

"They said the way you look at me, the way you are touchy with me and no one else, umm, the way you act around me? Honestly I don't know. They said those or something along those lines." 

"Oh." 

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done this tonight. It was a bad idea-" I stood up to leave, but she dragged me back down. 

"I can't come to my own defense. I can't try to deny it. I do. I have a thing for you. I have since high school. I thought I did a good job of hiding it, and for the longest time no one has said anything. Kelley's too good." 

"Yeah. I'm sorry about this. Go back to your movie-" 

"No. This is more important." She said. "Well why are you even bringing this up?" 

"Because I want to get my side of everything out in the open. I do like you, I think Actually, I know. But I just don't know if it's the right thing." I said. 

That killed me inside a lot more than I thought it would. 

"Well then why did you say anything at all?"

"I...I don't know." 

She took a deep breath. "Well now I know that the person I like likes me back, but there's nothing I can do about it." 

"Not nothing....." I said. 

"Don't play mind games with me, LaRue." 

"Well is this a mind game?" I asked as I turned to kiss her. 

At first, she tried to resist, but then gave in after about 2 seconds. 

"Oh shit." She breathed. 

"Not bad." I said. 

"This is definitely a mind game, but I've wanted this since high school." She said, and then she kissed me again, long and hard. 

"It's no mind game." I said. 

"This is fun." She said, smiling at me. 

I stood up and walked to the door. 

"You're gonna leave now? It's finally getting fun." 

I clicked the lock on the door, then went back to her. 

"Shit just got real." She said. "Didn't it?" 

"Shut up, Pugh." I said, and went in again. 

"No way this is happening." She breathed. 

"Well shit just got real as you said." I replied. 

And shit really really did get real after that. 

Sorry for the short chapter but this part felt like it had to stand alone. Sorry for the language in this chapter

Also THERE'S A USWNT GAME TONIGHT AND I'M SO EXCITED. MAke sure to watch it! It's at 7:30 EST against Colombia :)