𝐢. 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐬

pitter. patter. pitter. patter. pitter. patter. the rain poured harshly down on to spencer's bright yellow umbrella. it was quite the contrasting color for such a grim day. with each rain drop spencer could feel her mood decreasing. it is hard to stay positive when you get rejected from your third job this week, and its raining. she bit her lip in a sad attempt to hold back tears. god is cruel and unfair, she thought as she rushed into her apartment complex.

looking around one wouldn't expect much from this place. it was drab, with dark greens and grays covering everything insight. spencer sighed in deep dispair, it felt as if these days her life was going nowhere. as she closed the door to her apartment, a tear fell down her cheek. dead peonies sat on a windowsill; placed beside the peonies was a full cup of water. so close, yet so far out of reach. she tried to hold in any loud cries as wilbur was home. this wasn't nessicary though; he was sitting right there. before she could pretend nothing happened, his face slightly contorted. his deep eyebrows furrowed behind his thin-rimmed glasses. wilbur looked down at the copy of 'where the crawdads sing'  sitting in his brown dickies-clad lap. wilbur huffed and shut his book. he looked so beautiful to her. even when his eyes seemed to fill with great distaste. she hated herself for yearing for him so deeply. spencer stormed off before he could even get out a word. she didn't stomp or slam her door. spencer was not that type of woman.

     wilbur sat there for a minute wondering what had happened. he then soon after grabbed his shoes, a bag, and a jacket. wilbur eyes traveled over to spencer's peonies and then to her umbrella. a puff of air escaped his lips before he tossed the dead peonies and took her umbrella. he left the house; entering the rain spencer had just left. the affects the rain had on spencer did not hold onto wilbur. instead he smiled at the cold shower touching his face. he opened the umbrella and started walking to the nearest grocery store. spencer needed new flowers and he would get her some. perhaps then spencer wouldn't be angry with wilbur. it frustrated wilbur how he was always doing something wrong. 'maybe she's taking her anger out on me' he thought. this only frustrated him more.

     spencer and will never talked. there was always tv or music playing in any room they were together. often times spencer would try to find words to say. she never could. wilbur seemed so closed-off, she  didn't wanna be a nuisance. as she sat in her bed, staring at the popcorn ceilings, black tears streamed down her cheeks. this eyeliner took her exactly 15 minutes and 38 seconds to perfect today. what a shame she was crying it all off. she thought about wilbur's face. she thought about all the missed conversations. she thought about all the late night yearning. 8 feet away, 1 year, 2 months, and he said 238 words to her. he said a million things on his streams. why did he never talk to her? wilbur didn't notice these things. he liked the quiet and felt comfortable in silence with spencer. he enjoyed her company; talking was never nessicary for him. spencer counted every wordless second the two had.

     wilbur walked through the automatic grocery store doors. he hated this place. its stark white floors and walls. he hated the bright lights and awful radio music. he hated the crying kids begging for sweets and toys. he hated how big it was, he preferred british stores much more. wilbur kept his head down and headed straight for the produce section, he also had to get dinner for tonight. jasper picked up some peppers, spinach, chicken, pasta and ingredients for a sauce. a simple dinner, simple foods he knew spencer felt fine eating. wilbur kept little details he overheard about spencer in the back of his mind. more so in the back of an old songbook. he knew she adored seafood and loved spring time. he knew about her want for a cat. the way she tried to hold in her giggles at shows like ridiculousness and impractical jokers. she loved caffeine- no matter how much it made her bounce of the walls. wilbur knew about how badly she wanted to appease everyone. how much it tore her apart to do so. he quickly grabbed some flowers before looking for a self-checkout. there was none. he approached aisle 5.

     "hello sir, hope you had a nice shopping expirence," the cashier smiled and began ringing him up. wilbur only smiled before awkwardly looking around. he hated small talk. "oh look at all this! having a date night are we?" the cashier wiggled their eyebrows, wilbur immediately looked up. his pink lips pursed and he just shook his head. hastily, he paid and left the store.

      spencer rolled over into a fetal position in her bed. a quilt made by her aunt covered her frail body. whe had raised her alone. it was a bit rough at first, with the alcoholism, but aunt lia became her rock. spencer wondered if her mother had ever felt this way about anybody. she wondered what will's relationship with his family was like. the answer was bad, but spencer didn't know that. however, she heard sometimes arguing with someone he called cathy. he said cathy was an unfitting mother. that could've been his baby mother though. she highly doubted that, as will had to keep a pretty decent reputation. he was quite popular on the internet. spencer rolled over and closed her eyes just as wilbur arrived home.

     once he got in, wilbur began preparing the bright flowers. the hues of pink were wonderous. he hoped they'd brighten spencer's spirts. he then put on some classical piano and began cooking. spencer's ears in the other room perked up. it was once of her favorite classical pieces, wilbur wouldn't know that though. she read into his every action, but ultimately decided that they all meant nothing. they were all meticulously thought through. will payed attention to everything. nothing he did had no purpose. as spencer's bare feet gently touched then hardwood, she ran her hands along the walls. delcious, hunger-inducing aromas reached out from the kitchen. spencer's tear-ridden face peered arount the corner to find jasper cooking. she quickly glaced at her face in a mirror. a soft gasp escaped her lips before she ran to her room.

'jesus spencer, don't almost embarrass yourself like that' she thought. spencer cleaned her face with her cucumber micellar water; only to reapply some of the makeup. her face was a bit more soft and natural now. her frizzy, blonde hair was pinned up in a large bun behind her head. she was wearing fuzzy socks, pj pants and a tanktop now. spencer wasn't really gifted the boob gene. she had no need for stress about saggy boobs. if she happened to have them though, spencer wouldn't care, she loved her body. peeking from underneath the form-fitting camisole peeked out a belly button piercing. it was one of spencer's few hidden rebellious teen endevours. she had a few hidden tattoo, spencer found them quiet embarrassing honestly. she came back out of her room and into the kitchen.

   will smiled at the spread on the two's kitchen table. in the middle of the table sat a beautiful arrangement of alive peonies and baby's breath. spencer grinned at the flowers and food. she wasn't sure why wilbur did this. spencer looked up and into his eyes. will gave her a half-smile. he was proud of himself, he knew she would like it. spencer was dumbfounded how did he know about all the things she enjoyed. was this even for her? did wilbur have a date? he was relatively new in town and quite shy. oh boy he was handsome though. spencer wrapped her arms around her body before looking down at her feet. wilbur frowned, he really didn't want her getting the wrong idea.

"will you eat with me spencer?" and now it was 243 words.