Chapter twenty three

Luciano's POV

It's been days since I've spoken to Lotus,I thought the last time we would meet at the hospital she would at least talk to me. At first I was a little worried when, Troy told me he and his wife wanted to hand over gaurdianship of Liam to me. I know how much Lotus loves her kids but the thought of getting at least a reaction out of her where she would be forced to talk me made me happy.

I never thought she would break up our engagement, and after walking out of the hospital I thought she would at least run after me or even call me,to try and work things out but she did non of that. I understand she's stressed out and just wants whats best for Mari but I can't let her carry that punk Nick's child.

So today I'm planning on surprise her and take her out to breakfast so we can talk and work things out. She loves turlips so I sent Enzo to get her some ,while Liam helps me get dressed.

I head out and Katherine,Liam and Enzo send me off. On the way I call Troy who's at the hospital with Mari so I can talk to my little principessa,now I'm going to see my other principessa, I'll fight for her. Besides Nick is in my tuff,I won't let him steal my woman compared to me Nick is a little amateur, I'm five times richer than him,I know they say never tott your own horn but I'm way handsome.

I pull into the manor and see her Rolls Royce she must be home, I'm a little nervous so I double check myself, I'm wearing my burgundy Armani suit that she got me,I carry the turlips and the engagement ring in one hand while my other hand holds the chocolate and pink teddy bear.

Okay here goes nothing,I walk to the front door and ring the bell,I don't want to startle her,so I wait and ring the bell a few times.

I finally hear footsteps and the door unlocks, and there standing before me is the love of my life,Lotus.

"Luciano what are you doing here",she looks at me surprised.

" What do you mean,what am I doing here,I came to see the woman I love", I say and smile awkwardly, I then take a moment to assess her and she's wearing a man's dress shirt but it's not mine. I look at her again and hear.

"Who is it Babe",I hear Nick say who then walks to us with a towel wrapped around his waist with water dripping from his hair.

"I'm so sorry Luciano",she whispers as tears roll down her face.

I drop the things in my hand and punch the smug smirk off of Nicks face,I continue punching and kicking him even after he stops moving.

I then turn to Lotus who's standing by the wall,I walk to her and punch the wall.

"I'm sorry Luciano,I was drunk,I seriously didn't mean to",she sobs" please forgive me".

" Did you ever love me?",I whisper,I don't realize that I'm crying till I feel the tears roll down my face.

"Yes I did, I still do",she says and holds my face in both her hands" you're an amazing person,who wouldn't love you?".

" You", I say and caress her face,the face that I dream of every night,the face I wish to wake up to for the rest of my life.

"My grandmother once told me,If you love something badly",she doesn't let me finish and puts her finger on my lips.

"Don't please, don't say that Luciano, don't finish whatever you're about to say",she whispers and I kiss her finger.

" Set it free",I continue" if it comes back to you,it will be yours forever,if it doesn't it was never yours to begin with",I say quietly,I don't know where I'm getting the energy to say this is coming from.