chapter thirty eight

What is that ringing?,I turn and see my phone going on and off who the hell called me this time of the morning. Somebody better be dying otherwise I'll kill whoever Disturbed my sleep.

"Hello?".

"Oh my gosh, you've finally answered",the voice on the other side says.

" What the hell Giovanna the winery better be going bankrupt",I say frustrated.

" That's it the wineryy is going bankrupt,a large some of funds has gone missing",she says panicking.

" What do you mean,who took out the money, I'm on my way",I say and hang up. I quickly put some clothes on brush my teeth and drive to the company,as soon as I step out of the car I notice I'm not wearing any shoes, damnit.

I quickly rush inside and call my assistant to go home get me a change of presentable clothes and some shoes. I enter my office and find Giovanna and some other employees in charge of the finance department.

"What the hell is going on",I say and she hands me the paperwork showing all the transactions done last night and yes money was taken out and by the looks of it the person that stole the money used my computer,they transferred the money from the winery's account to an account overseas and then to four different other accounts.

"Get Nick on the phone",I say.

"I've tried Lotus he is not picking up", Giovanna replies,this is bad he better have not heard his phone ring,I really hope he didn't steal the money because when I went to work at Ricci winery I couldn't handle everything here so I left everything in his care.

Just then Luciano walks in "what the help why did I get a call from the bank about almost all the money in the company account being taken out",he says and we all look at him.

" Giovanna I don't care how but get Nick on the phone and send the head of security to his house and get his ass here and you get the bank on the phone ",I say and everyone starts running around.

"You do realize that since your computer was used , you're you're a suspect right?", Luciano says. I know but I mean if I really stole the money wouldn't I be out of the country by now besides I'm a billionaire,why would I steal from my own company.

"I know, let's look over last night's security footage",I say but the gaurds say the video was deleted,who would have done this,just then I get a call from the security guards I sent over to Nick's house and he's gone,he took the money and ran away.

Luciano gets a call and steps out to answer it.

"Lotus where is your phone?",he asks with his still at his ear.

" I don't know ,why?",I ask.

"Mari is gone,the maids have been trying to reach you for some time now, she's not in her room and they can't find",he says.

" No ,what do you mean they can't find our daughter",I say and hold onto his shirt,omg this can't be happening,who could have taken her. Luciano leads me to chair and Giovanna hands me  a glass of water.

The police are informed and the winery is swarming with people car and officers, they try to question me but my mind isn't in place who would have taken my child, could it be Nick? I'm so anxious and worried about the twins and liam but Luciano hired dozen bodyguards to watch over them, the house is locked done no one gets out.

"Miss Biltran, please come to the station with us,a witness has stepped forward and what's to participate in the investigation", the inspector walks up to me and tells.

All roads are blocked and all flights are cancelled and Enzo has issued a manhunt for Nick and a bounty of $5 000 000 has been placed on him.

We drive to the police station and we are lead to the office where we are told to wait,the door opens and a lady walks in hanging here head low.

She lifts her head up and I recognize her immediately it's my gynecologist,I believe her name must be Stella,the woman that lied to me.

"I believe you know her Miss Biltran",the officer handling the case says to me.

"Yes I do know her she's the gynecologist ,that was recommended to me but she disappeared for a while now what does she have to do with my daughter's disappearance?",I ask this is getting messy.