Confrontation

"Ah! Look over there! It's the head of the dirt-poor Familia, Takemikazuchi!

Oii! Hey, ooii!!—heh-heh."

"Ah! Isn't that the guy who has so little money every year his face is caving in, Takemikazuchi? Oii! Hey, ooii!!—hee-hee-hee."

"Quiet, you worthless deities!"

This was inevitable. These were the gods and goddesses who came to Gekai looking for entertainment. They came to the passionate city Orario seeking the "unknown" even more than the adventurers. That was them to a T.

They were gathering in a specific part of the city. Gods didn't normally get together in such high numbers.

A Celebration of the Gods was basically a large party put on by a god for other gods living on Gekai. There were no rules about who hosted and who attended. The Celebration was hosted by a god who wanted to throw a party and was attended by gods who wanted to come. It was all done on a whim.

"Everyone! Thank you for coming today! I am Ganesha! I am overjoyed at the attendance of this Celebration! I love you all! I do have one small announcement to make: The yearly festival put on by my Familia is only three days away! Please encourage your Familias to attend!"

The great hall was only lightly decorated, completely different from the lavish exterior of the building. Ganesha, wearing an elephant mask and dressed to match his statue, greeted his guests in a booming voice from the top of a stage in the middle of the hall.

The gods in attendance by and large ignored his greeting and continued talking among themselves.

The party was set up to be a standing buffet. Tables with white tablecloths lined the great hall. An array of fresh food filled the hall with a variety of mouthwatering smells. Soft echoes from the shoes of both the attendees and the staff thumped from all directions. A band sat behind the stage, waiting for the signal to play dance music. Almost all of the deities in Orario were in attendance tonight.

Invitations to the Celebration had been disturbed by the host's Familia. The number of guests was determined by their resources. Ganesha Familia was very prominent in Orario, so he was able to send an invitation to every single god and goddess within the city wall. Hestia included.

"Hey! Mr. Waiter! Bring me a stool! Quickly!

"Y-yes!"

Hestia was busy raiding the food tables under the din of conversing gods when she summoned a member of Ganesha Familia. She was not tall enough to reach a particularly delicious-looking dish in the middle of a table. Mine! Mine! Mine!

"......" Her arms flew around from dish to dish as she gathered as much food as she could onto her plate.

Unable to say anything, the waiter just watched her in action.

Hestia had no plans of slowing down—it was a buffet, and she was going to take full advantage of it. Hestia Familia was among the poorest of the poor Familias. She was most likely the bottom of the barrel of all the gods in attendance. But Hestia didn't mind. She had no problem working so that Bell had enough energy to work in the Dungeon. Working in shops and doing odd jobs was just part of her life now.

However, she was the only deity there not wearing extravagant clothing. She was wearing her usual garb but had tried her best to make her clothes look more formal. It didn't fool anyone.

"Hey, isn't that Loli Big Boobs?"

"Wow, she's still alive?"

"I've seen her. She's working part-time in the northern south block. The children were patting her head."