1 | To You Who Were Once My Family, I Wish You A Happy Ending

To You Who Were Once My Family, I Wish You A Happy Ending.

General Audience, No Pairing.

Fluff, Angst, Post and Pre-canon.

1160 words.

***

Living his life for more than 1000 years, Choi Han begins to replay his memories of the time when he first met them.

The time when he laughed and cried. The time when he fight and rest. The time when his family is still alive.

There was only one hope he had.

To them who were once his family, whatever new life they get, he hopes that only a happy ending awaits them.

***

Choi Han had once drowned in a sea of despair.

When the first time he mysteriously appears in a dark forest full of monsters and poisonous plants.

Running for his dear life, losing the wallet where his family photo was—the only memory that remained.

He drowned.

How long had he been stuck in this situation?

A year? Ten years? No, he even lost the numbers to count.

He remembered the early years when he was in that cursed forest, the most difficult times of his life. Every night he crouched under a tree, dug a hole and hid there in order not to be noticed by the monsters.

In the second year he began to fight. Make weapons from dry tree branches. A year there, he realized these trees are not ordinary trees. They are hard to destroy. Some even contain poison.

In his third year, Choi Han understood that he only had two choices.

Survive or die.

Alone, trying to survive without anyone.

He's sinking deeper and deeper.

Until one day, he saw a light.

A hand pulled him.

He found a new warmth.

Harris Village. He finds family there. Finally he found a place to call "home".

Unfortunately, fate seems to hate him so much.

Once again, his home is gone.

That hand him let go.

A secret organization attacked Harris Village, burned everything to the ground without even giving mercy to children or women.

What hurt Choi Han even more, all of that happened when he wasn't there.

At that time, he was looking for medicine in the Dark Forest. When he returned, only the ashes that had been razed to the ground remained.

Once again, he drowned.

An aura of despair took over him.

Deeper.

He killed all the remaining members of the secret organization.

Almost out of oxygen.

The sky seemed to understand, crying along with the tears that fell from Choi Han's eyes. His body was covered in blood, which was not belong to him.

Digging the ground for the final resting of the villagers, clasped hands while praying. He did not believe in the existence of God. He also didn't know whether God really existed or not.