3 | Back Home

Back Home.

Teen And Up Audience, No Pairing.

Tragedy, Angst, Pre-canon, Eventually Happy Ending.

2501 words

***

In which Cale Henituse reincarnated as Kim Rok Soo, then transmigrated back into his old body.

***

Cale doesn't know since when all of this started to gone wrong.

When one night his mother suddenly wanted to go to a village, kissed his forehead warmly. That pair of red irises stared at him sadly, as if they would never see each other again.

"Mother."

Little Cale, who had just turned five years old, didn't understand his mother's strange attitude. But as a child, he knew that something was wrong.

"Cale, Mom will be go somewhere for a bit."

"Where are you going?"

"Harris Village."

The long wavy red haired woman smiled faintly. Her palms touched her son's cheeks, which were blushing peach.

"There's something I need to bury there."

Cale blinked his eyes a few times, innocently asked.

"Can I come with you?"

"Not this time, honey. If you come along, then who will accompany your father?"

A rainstorm rages outside. Lightning struck each other, creating a flash of light that shot through the window. However, all of that was meaningless to Cale. He's a brave boy. He's not afraid of lightning. He just wanted to go with his mother.

Seeing the determination in her child's eyes, Jour—Cale's mother—smiles warmly as she gently pulls the little one into her arms.

"Mom won't be long. Just be there for a while and be right back. So you don't have to worry, okay?"

Cale knew from the start his mother was a stubborn woman, and that stubbornness passed down to him. However, Cale also knew, that he couldn't go against his mother's words. In the end, little Cale simply nodded while reaching out his little finger.

"Promise me you'll come back with present."

Laughter escaped Jour's mouth. She raised her hand, linking her pinky finger with Cale's.

"Okay, Mom promised to come back and bring you a present."

However, she broke that promise.

She never came home.

His mother did return, but in critical condition. Her carriage derailed in a storm on its way back. His father, Deruth, had called the best doctors from all over the country. However, after three days of treatment, Jour breathed her last.

The last thing Cale saw was his mother's body lying unmoving on the bed. Her red lips are turning blue. There was no more blush on her beautiful face, only covered with a white cloth. Cale reached out his hand to squeeze his mother's palm.

Cold.

He couldn't find the warmth he used to feel there.

His mother has left.

She is lying.

She didn't keep her promise.

During the funeral, Cale didn't cry. His father slumped, even when the sky was also crying, he didn't move from his position sitting in front of Jour's grave. His tears were obscured by the rain, but Cale could tell that his father was crying, it could be heard from the sound of his sobs.