4 | Goodnight, Hyung-nim

Goodnight, Hyung-nim

Teen And Up Audience, No Pairing.

Heavy Angst, Grieve, Mourning, Hurt No Comfort, Tragedy.

2665 words.

***

He's tired. He just want to sleep.

Can he do it now?

***

Basen never knew how to act in this house.

From the start, he wasn't a confident child.

He worked hard to build that confidence. The main foundation of his confidence was his eldest brother, Cale Henituse.

Cale Henituse. Many people have given names to call him. Drunkard, troublemakers, parasites, and most famous of all, trash.

However, behind that indifferent and rude attitude, Basen knew Cale wasn't actually that bad of a person.

He still remembered what Cale had told him the first time he set foot in this house.

"Basen, you are Henituse. Whatever they say, won't change the fact that you are part of this family. So rise your head up proudly. Hear my fucking words if you don't want to be kicked out from here. You think the cousins would let you just like that?"

As simple as that, igniting a fire inside Basen.

Cale Henituse, the eldest son, his Hyung-nim. Repeating inside his heart like a broken movie.

Basen never had any intention of inheriting this family from the start, and it seemed that Hyung-nim thought so too. However, Basen would use this opportunity to prove that Cale wasn't as bad as people thought.

Despite being cold, throwing tantrums everywhere, and drinking all day long, Cale had never once harmed an innocent person.

And again, the reason why Cale started all of this ... even Basen realize—of course he do.

Because it all started since the new countess and him came to this house.

Filled with guilt, but didn't know what to do. He hopes that, someday, Hyung-nim can take a break from all this undefined charade. Basen hoped that Cale could take off the mask of the show and get off the stage he called the people's perspective. He needs rest too. Even the mannequins will be damaged if they are displayed for a long time without any care.

That was the deep respect that Basen had for his eldest brother. If Cale had no intention of ending this shit, then let him find a way. He will fight.

That's what he thought.

The peaceful conditions made everyone shocked at the declaration of war. Starting from the plaza terror incident at the king's birthday. Basen almost died if Eris Wheelsman, his brother's childhood friend, hadn't pushed him away from the bomb. Instead, he was the victim of the explosion.

The pain from the wound on Basen's head was nothing compared to seeing the body of someone he had considered his senior lying stiff with a thick red liquid all over his body. Hysterical cries were heard replying to each other. Several bombs were secured, but some failed and ended up taking many lives.

Basen knew heroes were human too, but he couldn't stop his little heart screaming at them. Moreover, they—the heroes—were very familiar people in his eyes.

The black-haired teenager who beat up his brother, the two former servants of the Henituse family who disappeared suddenly, and the rest the red-haired woman and the silver-haired boy he didn't recognize.