Red Velvet cookie and Expresso cookie - Shopping, dating and more ? (●'◡'●)

Expresso cookie looked at his watch. 14h50. Perfect. He still had half an hour before Red Velvet arrived. He did a mental check of what Latte had told him to prepare him mentally. "I'm keeping it casual, it's just an appointment to help her find clothes that fit. It won't last more than an hour, we'll just talk about styles and that's it, what fits her best..."

Expresso stopped his mental list. Finding clothes to fit her best to please her crush. His mysterious crush whose identity he didn't know. "Of course, he was going to have a crush! What was I thinking, that the hunk at the club was going to fall head over heels for me or stay single for life?" Indulging in these negative thoughts, Expresso began to brood, head down, when a hand on his shoulder startled him with a high-pitched scream.

-AAaAaAAAaaaaAAH!" he exclaimed, turning to the person who had caused him the scare. "Red Velvet my god! You scared me!

Smiling broadly at him, the red-haired cookie laughed at his friend's discomfited expression.

-I thought I was early, but I'm surprised you're here even earlier than me," Red Velvet observed.

-Oooh, no I just got here...haha," Expresso replied.

He would never admit to her that he had been waiting for half an hour already.

-Do you always come this early for your dates with Latte?" asked Red Velvet, falsely curious.

-Oh no, Latte is always at least fifteen minutes late so I always manage to arrive exactly ten minutes after our appointment time when I'm with her.

Expresso spontaneously answered the manager's question.

-Ooooh I see! So you came early, especially for me!" said Red Velvet with a broad smile. "I'm flattered!

He winked at her, which made Expresso's insides boil. He felt his cheeks turn pink and turned his head so Red Velvet wouldn't see him. He could feel his brain getting confused and tried to get his train of thought back to a proper sentence.

-I-it's just that..." he began, hesitating. "Red Velvet is a gentleman so I figured you'd be here early, and I didn't want you to wait alone too long..."

That was a lie. He had come early because he was so stressed that he had wanted to arrive an hour early so that he could prepare himself mentally. Red Velvet smiled slightly as he saw Expresso acting like this, like a kitten who had been caught stealing milk.

-That's very touching," he said, leaning in to force him to look into his eyes.

Expresso tried to avoid the amber gaze. The sound of the message he received from Latte allowed him to escape this dangerous situation. He cleared his throat, pulled himself slightly out of Red Velvet's grip, and took out his phone, apologizing.

-Oh...Latte is sick, she won't be able to join us." He tried to look surprised and saddened by the news.

Red Velvet gave him a genuinely surprised look.

-Latte's not coming?"

He tried to hide his joy behind a look that was perhaps a little too surprised by the good news. "It seems I was wrong about her," he thought. "I don't think she would have left us both alone today, knowing that I told her I was bi if she had feelings for Expresso. He suppressed a cheerful smile and tried to look disappointed.

-I hope she gets better soon! It's not the same when she's not in the office," he said with a saddened pout.

-Yes, I think she'll get better," replied Expresso, avoiding his gaze as much as possible. "It's just a cold.