Cotton cookie and Frost Queen - Icy and crispy o(*°▽°*)o

Frost Queen sat at her desk, looking absent-minded. A pile of documents that had been dropped off by Eclair Cookie a short time ago cluttered half her desk. She had to process them before tonight, but Frost Queen was not in the mood. She usually ended up doing all the work that Eclair Cookie asked of her for fear of his reprisals, but today she had more to worry about than his secretary's admonitions.

Two short knocks against her door drew her out of her thoughts and she straightened up, inviting the unexpected visitor to enter. The door opened on Cotton Cookie. Dressed in her usual brown woolen jacket, she had a bundle of documents under her arm.

-What can I do for you, Cotton Cookie?" asked Frost Queen, who immediately put on her ice mask.

-I'm here to report on the monthly progress of the Novo project as you requested," Cotton Cookie replied and placed her documents on the table.

The cookie began her presentation, detailing her team's progress on the project. But Frost Queen wasn't listening in the least. Behind her icy expression, she was engrossed in her concerns. Cotton Cookie eventually realized that her boss was not focused on what she was saying. Pausing briefly in her report, she resumed with a jaded look:

-So I was wondering if you could give us 50 million for this project..." she began. "Do you think it's possible?

She looked at the icy cookie and leaned over the desk to catch her eye.

-Boss? So we're going with 50 million? Can you confirm?"

Finally managing to catch the Director's eye, she blinked suddenly, as if she had come back to life.

-Oh...oh yes...very good," she replied without seeming to know what she was talking about.

Cotton cookie sighed. She looked at her boss, shaking her head in despair. Noticing her reaction, Frost Queen raised her eyebrows, a little confused.

-What is it?" she asked hesitantly.

-Boss, is there something on your mind?" the cookie asked, putting her hands on the table.

-Is there? No, not at all," Frost Queen protested defensively.

How could her subordinate have guessed that she was concerned? She was sure she hadn't let anything show in her expression, though!

-Ah... you're not a very good liar, you know," Cotton Cookie replied jokingly. "You just gave me 50 million for the Novo project.

-WHAT?" the boss reacted instantly. "What do you mean 50 million? When?"

-Just now."

Cotton cookie pulled out her phone and started a recording. Frost Queen's eyes widened as she overheard the conversation they had just had as if for the first time. Clearing her throat in embarrassment, she looked away.

-Since when do you record our conversations now?

-Just this once," the head of depart the ent clarified. "You seemed so out of it that I thought it would be good security to have a recording. As it seemed so..."

Frost Queen cleared her throat again and blinked. She couldn't reply to that given what had just happened.

-Forget about the 50 million, I'll never give you that much money," she added like a wounded animal.

-Of course, you're not going to give it to me..." sighed Cotton Cookie. "I don't need it anyway. If I need 600,000 euros for this project, that's the maximum !"

Frost Queen looked at her blankly. She didn't dare admit that she was offended by the trick her department head had played on her and that she was sulking. She tried to keep her facade of marble but Cotton seemed to look at her with such a jaded look that she finally sighed, leaving her pride aside. She had been found out anyway, there was no point in continuing the charade.