A bad day for Red Velvet?

On this sunny day, the cookies were working peacefully at the agency. Despite the extreme heat that had been falling on the cookie kingdom for a few days, they were all busy with their various tasks.

The birds were singing outside, apparently not affected by the scorching summer temperatures, and the weather was fine. Everyone was happy, and at peace, and nothing seemed to be able to disturb this beautiful day that had already started well. That was what Latte thought as she looked out the window with a smile on her face. She was in a very good mood and felt that nothing could tarnish the bliss she was feeling today.

Then a sound of breaking glass followed by a scream startled her. She got up and leaned out of the window. The scream seemed to come from the company's garden, but she saw nothing from her perch. Worried by the intensity of the scream, she decided to go and see for herself.

In the corridor she was joined by Mint Choco and Cocoa who were also rushing from the break room where they were having their coffee to the garden, looking as panicked as Latte.

-Do you know what happened?" asked Latte, torn between curiosity and concern.

-No, we were drinking our coffee when we heard a scream from the garden I think?

Cocoa looked panicked. The idea that a cookie had been injured was causing her great anxiety. Mint Choco, on the other hand, seemed more curious than anything else. After all, if it wasn't a serious situation, there was no reason to panic... But his curiosity was piqued! For once, something out of the ordinary was happening in the office!

The three cookies rushed into the garden, looking in all directions, but saw no one.

-You go that way, I'll go this way," ordered Latte.

The two cookies nodded and did so on the spot. Latte explored the surrounding bushes, looking for any trace of the accident that might have caused the noise, like a detective looking for clues to the crime. She didn't look for long and jumped forward to see Red Velvet lying on the ground, a broken flowerpot beside his head.

-RED VELVET!" she exclaimed, causing the other two cookies to run over and search the area.

A bloodstain marked the brown skin of her forehead. The cookie manager lay unconscious on the floor, no suspects in sight. But given the situation, Latte had a bad feeling...

-Oh my God, is he okay? Is he breathing? Is he still alive at least?" worried Cocoa, who was pacing back and forth beside the body, completely panicked.

Mint Choco, looking vaguely worried, watched her pacing back and forth without saying anything. Latte had bent down and started patting the cookie's cheek to wake him up, calling him by his first name. Seeing that she was still not getting any response, she struck a little harder and ended up giving him a good slap that woke him up with a start.

-AAAH!" he shouted, opening his eyes.

AAAAH!" replied Latte, surprised by the sudden awakening of the red-haired cookie. "You scared the hell out of me! Don't pass out like that in the middle of nowhere, and don't wake up so suddenly, it's a heart attack move!"

-But... you... slapped me in the face," Red Velvet replied, still looking groggy.

-You've been slapped around a bit!" she protested, looking away, unconvinced by her own speech.

-OH MY GOD RED VELVET MANAGER YOU ARE AWAKE! YOU'RE ALIVE! OH MY GOD, BUT IT'S A MIRACLE!" cried Cocoa as she threw herself at the cookie that had just opened his eyes.

She began to shake him around to inspect him and make sure nothing was broken. The cookie tried to protest, but his foggy mind would not allow him to speak a complete sentence. Mint Choco leaned over the injured cookie and took a quick look at him, hands in his pockets, a sly smile on his lips.