(1) the birthday

Bella's POV:

I pulled my truck into the lot near our school, and the first thing I noticed when I parked and turned off the car was Edward leaning on his shiny silver Volvo, smiling right at me. I sigh and step out of my truck and head over to where he is.

"Happy birthday" he says

"Don't remind me"

"Your birth is definitely a day to celebrate"

"My birth is. My aging is not"

"Aging? Eighteen is a little early to be worrying about your age"

"It's one year older then you" I point out

"No. I'm one hundred and nine" he says

"Wow, maybe I shouldn't be dating such an old man. Gross! I should be thoroughly repulsed"

He laughs, and kisses me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Happy birthday bella!!" The Cullens say as me and Edward walk into there living room. Carlisle steps forward.

"We tried to stop her" Carlisle says as I look around at the decorations that obviously Alice did, I nod a bit uncomfortable

I get a new car stereo, but when I was opening the last one I got a paper cut, the second jasper smelt the blood he imediatly tried to pounce at me, but Emmett and Carlisle try to restrain him while Edward pushes me out of the way a little too harshly and I go flying back into a table against the wall on the other side of the room smashing one of Alice's decorative glass bowls in the process.

I fall to the ground only to notice that I'm bleeding out of a huge cut down my arm. Everyone looks at me nervously, at this point jasper had already fled the room, but Emmett soon follows after him when he sees the blood; saving him the suffering. Carlisle rushes to my side and takes a look at my arm, Rosalie follows after Emmett.

"It'll need stitches" he says

Esme gives me a sympathetic look as she soon flees the room too. Carlisle guides me to the kitchen island where he grabes some gauze and a sewing needle with other medicinal supplies. He starts to pick all the glass out of the cut with tweezers. Alice stands in the middle of the room looking like she wants to help in some way but I know the blood is too much for her.

"I'm sorry, I can't" she says guiltily

Now it's just Edward, he stands in the middle of the room with a pained expression on his face, not knowing what to do; to risk my life by staying by my side, or choose the easy path and go join the rest of the family. But the truth is there is no easy path because ten minutes later he still stands there with the same expression on his face.

"It's okay Edward, go" I say sympathetically

He hesitates for a minute before walking away defeated.

~~~~~~~~

"I'm so sorry bella" Edward says to me for the third time as I sit in the passengers seat as he drives me home.

"Look, can we just put it behind us? I'm fine, see?" I attempt to reason with him.

"Yeah, but what if you weren't? I could never live with myself if something ever happened to you" he says anxiously in a Shakey voice that he tries to cover with the intensity of his toan.

I sigh and bite my lip. I put my hand on his.

After awhile we pull up to my house, I get out of the car.

"You coming in?" I ask hopefully

"Not tonight" he says flatly

"Please? For my birthday?" I ask sheepishly for using the analogy

He sighs in frustration.

"Bella, you have to make up your mind, it's either you do want me to celebrate your birthday or you don't" he pretty dryly

I bit my lip sheepishly "I do" I say

"Then let's go" he stops leaning on his Volvo and swiftly heads to the house, I watch him as he jumps through my window, and then I head into the house. It's quiet so Charlie must already be asleep.

I get ready for bed, then walk into my room to see an anxious looking Edward sitting on my bed? I raise an eyebrow but before I can say anything he's Infront of me, kissing me. He closes the door so quietly I almost don't notice but that doesn't stop him from being so urgent. He gently places me on the bed and stands over me.

"What are you doing" I smirk slightly

"For your birthday"