(2) he's leaving

Last night was the best night of my life but after it got a little out of hand Edward pulled away saying I was still a fragile human. of course he would say that like he always does, but at least I got what I wanted this time.

I woke up and Edward was gone. He probably had to leave before charlie woke up so he didn't see that his Volvo that's been sitting in his driveway all night.

But that doesn't seem like it's all. Something seems off today. And I just can't figure out what. I head downstairs and eat a bowl of cereal before heading to school.

And I was right, something is off today. Edward barley talked to me at all. Though we were by eachother the whole time it felt like we were miles apart.

Then the next few days only seemed to get worse, as the Cullens suddenly stopped coming to school, except Edward.

We drive back to my house in an uncomfortable silence. When we get out of the car we stand there, Edward looks at his feet.

"Why don't we go take a walk?" He offers

"Okay" I say simply

We continue our walk through the forest by my house in silence until we're a fare distance away and Edward stops. I look at him nervously at the fact that he looks so nervous.

"Bella, we're leaving" he says out of nowhere as he looks urgently into my eyes

"Okay well, just give me a few minutes to pack-"

He shakes his head, cutting me off.

"....by 'we're'.. you meant..." I take a breath and nod my head in realization

"Me and my family" he finishes

I look down to the leaves by my feet and the only thing I can manage to say is "why?"

"Because Carlisle is supposed to be four years older the he looks and it's starting to raise suspicion......... and we can't hurt you anymore" he takes a long pause before saying the last part

"Well I'll come" I insist

"Bella, I don't want you to come" he says clearly.

We stand in silence for a minute.

"Well that changes things" don't even try to argue as I'm not even listening anymore as he continues to ramble. My eyes focus on some point in the distance, all I can here is the faint ringing in my ears until the ringing fades out and it feels like my head has been submerged in water.

He says something about a promise which I absent-mindedly nod to, I don't even bother listening what he said. Then he leaves.

I stand there still for I don't know how long, until my legs get tired and I slide down against a tree and then the actual reality of Edward leaving hits me like a ton of bricks and I begin to sob my heart out. I cry and cry and cry until it gets dark out, the rest of my body remains numb as my eyes remain firmly shut as small tears fight to escape them along with the occasional choked sob.

After I regain feeling of my body back, I stand up and head back to the house. When I get back I see a worried looking charlie standing out on the porch looking out for any sign of me and pacing occasionally. When he sees me lets out a sigh of relief as I walk up the steps he imediatly pulls me into a huge bare hug.

"Thank God you're okay" he says

"I'm fine" I say numbly "just tired"

I walk into the house and Charlie shuts the door behind him, I walk upstairs to my bedroom close the door and slump down on my bed and pull the covers over me. I truly am exhausted after all that crying. And a few minutes after I close my eyes I surprisingly fall into a deep dreamless slumber.