2.

Rosalyn was fuming after Percy finished telling her everything that happened in the woods

Rosalyn was fuming after Percy finished telling her everything that happened in the woods. Percy watched her pace the length of his cot silently.

"How could he do this?" She growled to herself.

She muttered angrily to herself for quite some before Chiron returned. The centaur paused at the sight of the red haired girl, but he eventually looked to Percy.

Well?, the arch of his brow said.

"I'm going home to my mom," Percy nodded. Rosalyn spared him one glance, but did not cease her footsteps.

"Very well. Argus will take you into the city now then," Chiron said. "Rosalyn, would you help Percy to the perimeter line?"

"Yeah, sure," the girl mumbled dismissively.

She was suddenly finished pacing and standing at his side. Percy pushed himself up and managed to find his footing on his own, the ambrosia finally kicking in. Rosie gripped his arm lightly, leading him out of the Big House.

"Take care of yourself, would ya?"

Percy nodded, replying, "You too."

"And don't be a stranger," Rosalyn smiled, but Percy saw right through it. His stomach turned at the reminder of Rosie's cold disposition at the start of the summer.

"Hey, my mom wanted me to tell you that you can come and visit us anytime. If you wanna get away for a little bit... or something," he stuttered.

The surprise was evident on her face, but it slowly turned into a genuine smile.

"Really?"

Percy returned a smile of his own, nudging her playfully. "Really, so you better not be a stranger either."

They'd reached the border to camp and were now standing face to face. Argus was climbing into his van, meaning it was time for Percy to go. Rosalyn couldn't help but feel disappointed at how abrupt his departure was.

When he left, she'd be alone again.

"I'll write you?" Percy asked hopefully.

"Please, do," Rosie insisted.

Silence stretched between them for several beats too long, turning the encounter awkward. They avoided looking at each other, Percy's face blooming into a blush. A loud honk made them both jump.

"Well, I guess I better... go..." Percy trailed off.

"Yeah, you better," Rosie coughed.

"Okay."

"Okay."

Another honk pierced the air, causing Rosie to giggle loudly. Percy waved and speed walked to the van.

Rosalyn stood at the top of the hill and watched it drive away, sighing loudly.

A whistle came from the direction of the Big House, and she could see Chiron waiting for her on the porch. She took her time walking back down to meet him.