The huge box and the doll

We all wasted a few minutes, just sitting in front of the box thinking if it should be opened or not. Finally I started to peel off the gift wrapping paper. It was a brown box then. I opened it further while my parents, grandparents and friends watched with curiosity.

It was a doll. "Duh...mom? I'm not a small girl anymore." I said with a bored expression. Everybody looked bored and hopeless after that so the party ended pretty soon. It was late so I said goodnight and went to bed while taking the doll along with me. I settled the beautiful plastic doll on a chair next to my bed and looked at it for a while. "You are really pretty but I never really wanted a doll." I said to the doll, and it felt kind of awkward afterwards.

The next morning Quinn came to visit me and I showed her my doll. "You should name her something." Quinn suggested. I laughed, "girl, are you kidding me? I will become a total six year old if I do that." I replied. "I'm being serious, it'll help you with your loneliness and depression." She said with a straight face that was still staring into the doll's eyes.

"I'll think about it, i guess you aren't so wrong after all." I replied almost rolling my eyes. Quinn and I talked about school and stuff while the doll stayed in its place but she looked as if it was listening to us carefully and that made me shudder. "Man, that thing's creepy." Quinn said when she saw me shudder. Then we laughed it off and ignored the doll.

Quinn went home before dinner as she had to reach home before dark.
Maybe Quinn is right, the doll can get a name. "Hmm, daisy! Yeah you will remind of my late younger sister." I said to the doll which was again strange. Especially when I was speaking about my dead sister Infront of her.

I woke up in the middle of the night then with someone singing. The song sounded like a lullaby. "Daisy darling, my dear darling, won't you come and kiss mommy goodnight?" The song sounded good to me until I realized the most horrifying thing...it said daisy which was my doll's name and why the hell would anybody sing her a lullaby!!

I started shouting and the night-light in my room went on and off continuosly and rapidly. Mom and dad came rushing into my bedroom and immediately hugged me. "What's wrong darling?" They asked and I told them about the song I had heard and that my doll wasn't in its place. They comforted me but they sure knew something was wrong.

Mom decided to sleep with me that night and I wasn't feeling well in the morning so I didn't go to school. Quinn paid me a visit once again. "Oh my gawd, Nikki your story kept haunting me all day. Where's that piece of shit now?" She asked. I laughed at her use of curse words and pointed towards my closet.

Quinn cheered me up and made me forget about the doll. Mom decided to throw it so that's what she did. The doll was very beautiful but something about her was creepy and that doll was probably strange.

Days passed and I was doing pretty good except that I never got to hear birds chirping anytime in my bedroom. The sun didn't shine the same way anymore and alot of things changed. I felt a feeling of sadness climb over me and I stayed sick most of the time.

One afternoon, I was sitting on the grass of our front yard when some religious nun came up to me. "Hello my child, do you need any help?" She asked in a shaking voice. "Uh no? I'm okay thanks." I replied. "Have you seen my child daisy anywhere, she went missing a few days ago?" She asked. I looked at her in shock and disbelief. "Uh- ma'am. What was the date when you lost your daughter?" I hesitated.

I wanted to panick as I felt breathless but I decided it was better to stay calm and question the woman. "Yes child, daisy was last seen in your front yard. She had dark brown curly hair and dark brown..." Her voice trailed off as I had fainted. I woke up in my bedroom with my parents sitting on my bedside and that woman standing beside me. I started shouting, "MOM DAD! GET THIS LADY OUT OF MY ROOM!!" I screamed.

Mom lead the woman outside and I think she spoke to her before letting her go.