lullabies again

That was a terrible afternoon and I never went to the yards alone after that. I was afraid of strangers now. That evening I was watching Netflix in the living room when I saw a small figure standing in the corridors. I stared hard at it for a while until I thought it's a child. But then that "child" tilted her head to the right and the left again and again.

"Daisy darling, my dear darling, won't you come and kiss mommy goodnight?" I heard the song again and shuddered. "M-mommm??" I called out for my mother who came rushing immediately and kissed my forehead as she saw me moving uncontrollably. "Oh dear, honey it's alright" she comforted me.

Later that night, I heard mom crying in her bedroom. "Oh god, I can't understand what's happening to our poor Nikki...she used to be such a strong hearted girl, our house is changing, I just don't get the cheery, positive and happy vibe anymore" she was speaking to dad.

They were worried about me and I was worried about them. That daisy had ruined my life! I wish I could go back in time so I would've never opened the package. I called Quinn that night telling her about what happened and she was shocked to hear about the doll's return. Just when I was on my cellphone, the TV started blasting very loudly. I sighed and went downstairs to tell mom to lower the volume, even though mom never watches the Tuesday tea show.

I was astonished to see no one there and when i checked mom's bedroom, she was asleep including dad. I turned off the TV and decided to grab some Doritos from my snack stock. While walking upstairs, I heard the song again. This time I even felt a strong wind blowing through me which seemed to push me back downstairs and surprisingly it was very strong.

I fell on the stairs and broke my leg. I started screaming again in pain and mom and dad came rushing to me quickly. They lifted me up and the ambulance was called. The doctor said I had to stay in the hospital for a bit longer since it wasn't just a broken leg but more "problems" in my "body" were discovered.

I spent the night there and answered some questions regarding stress. I couldn't tell him about my doll since nobody believes in such stories anyways. Mom and dad stayed with me overnight, dad hadn't gone back to London since i was sick and mom needed help to take care of me.

My very emotional friend, Ava came in all tearful and pouty. I laughed, "it's alright Ava, I'm fine. This is nothing to cry about." I told her with my own voice shaking. My voice was hoarse and weak, my head and stomach was hurting. I hardly ate anything a day.

I wasn't in the hospital for long and I was really happy about it. That night after dinner, when everyone was in bed, I woke up in the middle of night to drink water as I was thirsty. Without a second thought I used the stair lift to slowly go down. It was pretty scary but then I had to remind myself that dad arranged the lift for me and it was for my own good.

The floor creaked when I tiptoed across mom and dad's room then to the kitchen. I was swinging like a drink person but my left leg couldn't be used so this is how it went. When I entered the kitchen, I saw a knife in the air which immediately dropped as I stepped in. I noticed blood on the knife. I raised an eyebrow and then realized what was happening, but it was too late the lullaby could be heard again. "Daisy darling, my dear darling, won't you come and kiss mommy goodnight ✨" the childish voice sang.

I tried to hobble quickly but of course you can't run with one leg. I started screaming again as I felt somebody pull my good leg. Mom and dad came in the kitchen and helped me get to my bedroom. "Honey you aren't supposed to go downstairs at these times." Mom said while cupping my face with her hands. "I was thirsty, I'm sorry." I lowered my gaze and spoke with a shaking voice. "My poor child, you are so pale" dad said. It took me a minute to realize that they were sympathizing with me and I turned red. I hated when someone sympathized with me. "Uh eh- yeah mom, dad, I'm alright." I mumbled.

So I went to sleep and my parents went back to their bedroom. I went in the kitchen in the morning to see my parents waiting for me on the table with serious but hopeful faces. "Hi, what's up?" I asked while raising an eyebrow.