Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Summer

I stare down at the glass in front of me. Today couldn't get any worse, it would be impossible. I felt like rum and coke wasn't even taking the edge of my depression. They say there is no answers at the bottom of the bottle. But I pushed that advice to the side and bring the glass to my lips. Just as the bar doors open and I hear his laughter before anything.

I freeze.

Hearing his charming voice.

No. This can't be happening. Fletcher Marks. He is the man responsible for my current state. I had moved to this town. Thinking he and I were forever.

He broke up with me within months of me relocating here.

I glance up, hoping to confirm it wasn't him and I had been mistaken. But then my eyes land on him. An easy-going expression, and I cannot recall ever seeing him so happy.

"Summer?"

He spotted me.

"Summer is that you?"

Fuck. If I could be someone else I would be. Instead I turn and give him a wide fake smile.

"Fletcher." I say so warm and welcoming. Hell, even I am shocked by the fact, it sounds like I'm semi okay with seeing him.

"Missy, babe," he places his arm around a woman and pulls her attention to me. "This is Summer, we're old friends."

Old friends.

To my utter horror, she launches at me, pulling me into a suffocating hug. So tight it felt like I could barely breath.

"So lovely to meet you," she says as she finally pulls back, "I'm guessing you want to see it." She then shoves an engagement ring in my face. "I still can't believe it," her eyes flash to Fletcher, "we're getting married."

I am staring at the ring. I recall so clearly picking it from the velvet case in Paris. When Fletcher took me ring shopping. He said someday. So close to the day I had left the cult.

"Congratulations." I speak with complete shock. He gave her my ring. It was a beautiful princess cut and I knew it costed over forty thousand but that's nothing for a millionaire, or so Fletcher would like to remind me.

I look across at him and a nervous expression on his face.

"Well, we're just getting table." He spoke and goes to guide Missy away.

"Have a great night." I gush out.

"Don't be silly come join us!" Missy says quickly and I panic. By Fletcher's expression, he is panicking just as much.

"Um. . ." I stumble off the stool, and at the same time a guy was waiting pass me. I didn't care if he was eighty years old. I grabbed his arm, "We were actually leaving."

If there is a higher god, please let this stranger go along with this, my stupid idiotic unplan of mine.

I see Fletcher look the guy up and down. He extends his hand.

"Fletcher Marks, I don't believe we've met."

God. I didn't even know this guy's name! I had just grabbed his arm. I bet he was confused as hell.

"Jack Johnston." He shook Fletcher's hand. The strangers tattoo hand made me turn to get my first look of him.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

I grabbed the arm of a Greek God.

Is he real?

He is real right? I'm holding him, of course he is real.