Chapter 2 (spicy scene)

Chapter 4

Jack

It is a Saturday and when I walk into our family house, to high pitch screaming. I hear my sisters fighting. Tayla and Onyx are opposites. So much so, they can't not have opinion on each other's actions. The only time they were in sync and thought the same is when we are pulling a job.

Which in my opinion was the best time.

"Jack?" Mum walks down the stairs with a slight frown on her face. But a more questionable look. "Are you okay?"

Fuck. Even mum could tell I am nervous.

But my normal composed expression kept her from wondering too much.

"I just wanted to see the family." I lie and she smirks slightly. Knowing I avoid my sisters fighting. It's the weekend, which means they'd be at each other's throats. Onyx's life began at night and Tayla sent the day at the house. Which always concerned us. Her lack to socialise. Until we realised who she was secretly dating. Us as her brothers, had a duty to protect her from him.

I walk through the house. "Kingston in the shed?" I ask back to mum. Her high heels clicking behind me.

"He is," Mum replies. "Did something happen?"

She really wants to know why I am here.

"Mum, everything is fine. I just." I pause in the open living, and the girls glance at me.

"Can you wear anything but a suit? You so have Elijah vibes." Onyx says with her nose wrinkling at me.

"Watching 'Vampire Dairies' again?"

"The Orginals." Talya corrects me. "I like Elijah for what it matters."

"I'm more of a Niklaus fan." Onyx shrugs.

"Not even mildly surprised you like the unreasonable mad man serial killer Onyx." I reply.

Then Tayla tries to get something out of Onyx's grip. They go back to arguing.

I turn to mum.

"I'm bringing a date to the family dinner." I happen to say it as mum is getting a glass. Which she drops, it shatters on the tiles.

Fuck, was it that much of surprise that I'm bringing a date?

"You don't date," Tayla states and I shoot her a glance.

"Yeah, well I want to see if she can handle the family. After all, we have a reputation."

"So you're seeing if she will stick around after meeting us?" Onyx questions, her jet-black hair parted to the side and she is giving a look that mirrors mum's.

Scares me how similar she is to our mother.

"Well I'm sure she will. We can all be on our best behaviour." Tayla says and that is Tayla for you. She's sweet, kind and if she really thinks that Easton and Weston won't put Summer through a grilling. She's delusional. Kingston won't say much, but Onyx will make sure to scare Summer away.

How my mother had to have two sets of twins is beyond me.

Onyx even smirks as if she suddenly is given a challenge for tomorrow night.

She is just like our mother and that fact, worries about her safety more than anything else.

"I'm going to see Kingston. Need a word with him." I say and I glance at Onyx. "Do you think you can reel in your behaviour for one family dinner?"

Her grin gave me the answer. "Of course, Jack." But I know she's not going to, so I just shake my head.

Sliding the back door open I walk to the garage. Kingston is going through a rough time. I knew why but he hadn't shared it with the family that I was aware off. Walking up to the garage I hear his loud metal music.