finn wolfhard x gen!reader

It's been a few years since I last saw Finn. We've known each other since elementary, but ever since he got famous we barely talk. I always see him having fun on social media. I tried calling and texting him but nothing. At some point, I stopped trying and moved on. The last text he ever sent me was a happy birthday message before ghosting me again.

But recently he asked if we could meet up. That's what I'm getting ready for. I grabbed my keys and left my apartment. He said to meet him at some park. I sighed while getting into my car.

I pulled up to the park he told me to meet him at. Once I parked the car I started to question this. I turned the car off and sat there a bit. "Let's get this over with," I mumbled before getting out of the car.

I wandered around a bit and noticed someone sitting alone on a bench. I walked over to the person hoping it was him. I sat next to the person and look over at them. It was him.

"Hey." He said surprised. He turned to me so I got a better look at his face. He looks the same just older. I smiled at him and said hi.

"I was starting to think you wouldn't show up," he said.

"If I'm being honest, I was really considering it," I said looking away from him. We sat in awkward silence for a bit. Finn stood up and held out his hand. I looked up at him and smiled a bit.

"I know a really good cafe nearby." He said still offering his hand. I hesitantly reached for his hand. He smiled got bigger and pulled me up.

The rest of the day we sat in the cafe talking. We sat in there til closing. I missed this. We were walking back to the park.

"I need to ask you something," Finn said as we walked up to my car. I turned to look at him with a small smile. I stayed quiet so he could continue. He opened his mouth to say something but closed it again. He laughed a bit.

"I just wanted to ask if you want to go with me to Atlanta," he said. I was kinda upset, but I smiled anyways.

"When are you leaving?" I asked shoving my hands in my pocket.

"Two days from now," He said. He looked like he had something on his mind.

"Sure, but I need to pack," I said with a soft smile. His face lit up.

"I would've told you earlier, but, well you know." He said. I turned and unlocked my car.

"Yeah, I get it. Call me later, okay?" I said turning back to him. He nodded and I opened the door.

"See you in two days, Wolfhard," I said getting in my car. I started my car and started to reverse. Finn ran to the door and knocked on the window. I rolled down the window and looked at him confused.

"Will you go out with me?" He asked. I stared at him in disbelief and gave him a sympathetic look.

"Are you serious?" I asked cautiously. He just nodded.

"Finn, we can't," I said and looked away from him. I heard him sigh and watched his hands slip away from the door.

"Yeah, uh, sorry I asked." He sounded hurt. I sighed and looked over at him.

"I'll call you later, okay?" I said. He nodded and gave me a weak smile. I smiled back and rolled up my window. I back out of the parking spot and saw Finn wave slightly. I drove off and back to my apartment.

Did I make the right choice?