T H I R T E E N

Following Rin might not be the smartest idea considering he's headed towards the demon attacking us, but I would never regret sticking with my brother

It was my duty to protect him always. I would follow him anywhere.

Although I do have to admit, crawling through all these branches was not fun.

My thoughts drifted to the others shouting for us to go back, but I couldn't afford to let my worry for my new friends and classmates distract me right now. Rin and I were doing this for them.

"I'm the one you bastards are trying to get right?" Rin taunted the demon with a smirk, his hand raised above his head to hold to a branch. "Come on."

Jumping down, Rin made a dash for the door with me right behind him, almost falling on my face in my hurry to get down from the branches, the demon hot on our tails as it chased us out.

"Oh yeah just tease it as I'm climbing tree branches, real good idea Rin." I groaned as I follow him through the halls, trying not to focus on the demon trying to kill us hot on my heels.

There's no way a demon should be able to even come on campus like this, the whole situation just felt wrong to me.

The demon wasn't the only issue too. I had been trying to ignore my gut, but I couldn't any longer. There was a presence in the building there shouldn't be, there was no reason one of them should be here at all.

And yet, I couldn't deny it any longer.

There was an angel somewhere in the old dorm, and I had no idea why. I also couldn't figure why I didn't sense it sooner.

I just hoped it stayed away from the others. They wouldn't stand a chance against one of them.

I was definitely missing something important, but I didn't really have time to dwell on my thoughts either.

Survive now, theorise later.

"That's it, come on buddy!" Rin gave a quick glance behind us to check on the demon.

"Rin, we have another issue too. Something else is here." I gave him a quick glance, my eyes quickly going straight ahead to the end of the hall coming up ahead of us. "We need to split up, I'm trusting you to take care of this."

Rin didn't seem too happy, but he also knew the gravity of our situation.

"You got it. Be careful okay?" He smiled at me before we split.