Chapter 3: Reunited Again

///////////////////////////////////////////// One Month Later //////////////////////////////////////////

The sun shines into the window of my bedroom at Galley-La. It has been a month since I arrive and only a week since I got well. My fever broke 3 weeks after they found me. Between then and now all I have done is lay in bed. But the doctor had cleared me early this morning that I could leave my bed. I got up and pulled on some clothes Kalifa found but they were cute at least. 

After brushing my rat nest of hair, I walk out of my room

After brushing my rat nest of hair, I walk out of my room. Kalifa was waiting for me on the other side. "Iceburg wants to keep you near him in his study for the day." She says. "Just in case you collapse or get sick again." Finishing, she turns around and tells me to follow her. We go down the stairs to the first floor. There are many workers at Galley-La, some turn to stare at me. I looked around until I caught a pair of predatory eyes. Lucci. I thought to myself. Instead of his normal attire of a black suit, he had suspenders and a white tank top on, but he kept his top hat on so I guess he didn't lose everything. He nodded at me and turned back to whatever he was doing at the moment. 

Then it hit me like a ton of bricks

Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Today was the day that Kaku was suppose to "come looking for me".  Well, I got to play my role right, even if it makes me look weak.

  Well, I got to play my role right, even if it makes me look weak

Kaku's POV

"Excuse me sir! Have you seen my little sister? She is 4'8 and has long white hair?" I ask a man, He has long blond hair and is smoking a cigar. "SO you're Kaku." The man states looking at me through squinted eyes. Oh dear, what did Emma tell them? I thought to myself. I force a smile and say "How do you know my name good sir?" The man huffs and turns to me "The name's Paulie and your sister was found on the beach a month ago making handshakes with Death himself till Mr. Iceburg saved her. She has just gotten better though. I will take you to her..... If you can keep up." Paulie finishes and begins to dash away madly. I sigh, this is gonna be longer than I thought it would be.

Back to Emma's POV

I am sitting in a small couch next to Iceburg's office desk reading a book about ship building when the door slams open. I jump and look up to see Paulie breathing heavily and leaning on the doorway. "Mr. Iceburg, there is someone here to see you." Paulie says in-between breaths.  Iceburg gets up and holds out his hand to me. Before I can grab it though Paulie says "ALONE." I look at Iceburg he nods and tells me to wait in the office before leaving. I sit down and I fidget like any other eleven year old would do. But I pretend to continue reading my book until Kalifa appears next to me. "Iceburg wants to see you outside." She simply states before sashaying off. I get up off my chair and go outside. I can see Kaku from a distance, he sees me and lowers himself into a crouch with his arms open wide. I ignore the gesture and hide behind Iceburg with tears in my eyes. 

"You know Kaku," Iceburg says with a low growl. "I got your application to work here a few days before Emma showed up on shore. I thought you would be a good candidate for a foreman here at Galley-La. But to think you would break your little sister's trust, I am not to sure anymore." Iceburg finishes, glaring at the long nosed man that was my "brother". I tug on Iceburg's pants before he can continue. He looks at me and I sheepishly tell him to bend down. "Why don't you let him try to be a foreman for a month, while trying to build trust back up with me?" I asked "If the month goes by and I still don't trust him, you can kick him out." I finished looking up at Iceburg with big eyes. Iceburg sighs and says "I guess it would only be fair." He stands up and looks at Kaku, but right before Iceburg says something I ask "Can I go in now? I feel dizzy." Iceburg looks at me concerned and tells me to go in, then turns to Kalifa and askes her to get me a glass of water. I giggle as I go in at Kaku's exasperated facial expression.

TO BE CONTINUED......

Hey guys! I hope these chapters are the right length for you! I came up with this story in one night and it just has grown to be my little pet project! I hope you guys are enjoying this book! Let me know in the comments down below if you have any ideas! Please vote this story and add it to your reading lists! Till the next update! bye bye :)