Enigmatic Beginnings

Prologue - I: Enigmatic Beginnings

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"We had no time to say goodbye... so let's not call it that."

"So what you're trying to say is that you fell here... from another world?" An elderly woman asked. Looking at the bespectacled blue-haired young man sitting in front of her

"And that you don't remember nor understand how you got here?"

That question always lingered in my head...

.

How did I get here? Where are the others?

.

It all just took one bad day for everything to be taken away...

.

—Or rather; one bad night.

.

It was a night I'll never forget.

.

A Night that ended our voyage and scarred me for life...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

====

Scene Change
Eagle Union Naval Base–Outskirts

====

The dead of night had befallen on the island. The trees, leaves and bushes were still... for there was no wind present.

The crashing of waves from the shore too had ceased, leaving a calm ocean...

It was eerily silent for a base where patrols should be ever present.

It wasn't until...

*BOOM!*

=====

Our voyage has brought us through the seas

=====

Explosions rang about throughout the island...

The used-to-be still trees and bushes all started swaying from the force of the multiple explosions.

Flocks of birds took flight, their panicked wings beating against the chaos, seeking refuge from the encroaching danger.

The sea responded, its crashing waves rising in fierce symphony to the explosions, as if nature itself echoed the tumultuous events.

*Swoosh*

A new sound pierced the cacophony—a symphony of roaring piston aircraft hurtling above the treelines, their engines propelling them towards the raging fires below.