Chapter 15

"Good you are awake." A voice tells me. A very familiar voice actually. I know that voice very well, yet I cannot for some reason put a face to it. Ouch! My head hurts. I check the back of my head to feel a small bump there. I try to recall what happened. "Glad to have you back Alison. Now get to work."  What? Where am I? What is happening right now? Why am I feeling so confused right now yet I also feel like I am extremely alert?

"Alison, come on we don't have time to waste. You already did that quite a lot." The voice informs me. I try to sit up, and everything feels heavy. I feel heavy. I look down to see I am wearing some kind of weird white suit. What? What am I wearing? Why is this so heavy? Why am I heavy? Gah! I need a second. "Now will you waste more time trying to pretend you don't remember things again? Cause let me tell you I did not hit you that hard." So, the owner of the voice hit me, which is why there is a bump. Great! One mystery solved. Now for the second being where the hell am I and what am I wearing? Maybe they are related to each other. Let's hope so. "Should I hit you again to jolt your memory back or something?" Damn! So, I clearly pissed off the owner of this voice.

Cloe. The owner of the voice is Cloe Gardens. Phew! Took me a long while to put a name to the voice. Geez! Sighing I pull myself off the... chair, I think that's where I was slumped over. Meaning she put me there, otherwise why would I be slumped over in such an awkward position, that to on a chair. Whatever. Suddenly, my memory comes back. Jolting me back a few steps. Hitting me hard. It is my memory, yet it seems to be delivery me blow after blow with all the scenes now going on in my head. Apparently, now I have the loops as my memory as well. Great!

Hey, at least I know who put me in the simulation. The same person who got herself killed over and over again. No wonder she kept coming back alive. After all, not only was it not real and just a simulation but she was also controlling it. She was controlling me. Controlling the whole thing, really. Wow. But she was or rather is my best friend, is she not? Or was that an illusion created only in the simulation as well? My memory from the real world still seems splotchy at best but I seem to be gaining every single data of memory at lightning speed. Do not think I can stand very long if this rush continues.

"What the fuck, Alison? You are still sitting. What do I have to do to get you to go back to work? Do you even know how much time you wasted? Do you know how difficult you are to carry? Yet, I carried you. I saved you. And now look at you. Just sitting on your tushy not even bothering to do your part." Cloe screams in my face. She seems really agitated with me. So much so that she literally just came over to scream this in my face. And I just blink at her. Lifting my hand up, I touch her cheek a little. She seems shocked at first, then a frown graces her, and she slaps my hand away. "Stop this, Alison. Get off your butt and work." Cloe turns around to walk away. But I pause her with my next words. Not purposely.

"I would if you tell me what the hell am I supposed to do?" I ask instead. "Also, while you're at it, please enlighten me as to where the actual hell are we? And why are we wearing this heavy white suits?"

"Shit! It didn't work. But then again what can I expect it is after all the machine you designed and built. It is useless just like you."

"Gosh you love to abuse don't you Cloe?"

"Shut up Alison. My name is not Cloe. I am Clorrette Gardens." What? I frown at her.

"No, it is not. I remember you very well. You are my best friend Cloe."

"Yeah well. I was once upon a time. Biggest mistake of my life."

"Wow. You just love it, don't you?"

"Well, it is true. Because if I stopped being your friend then we would not be stuck in this...whatever the fuck this place is that sucked us in as well as your lab."