Ugh, I have to come up with title names again

Peter laid with his limbs outstretched, relaxed, squinting down at the paper below him.

The paper far far below him.

"Can you read it still?" Ned asked, having moved the table so that he could have room to put the massive textbook on the floor.

Peter was sprawled across the ceiling, laying lazily as he strained to make out the tiny words many feet below him, half nodded his head.

"Marcello Barbieri explains that there are many more organic codes in nature, and their appearance not only took place—"

"No way" Ned breathed with a laugh, stepping back from the revolutionary discovery.

"Did I miss any?" Peter felt a ping of excitement at the idea of having a full, 100%, perfect view of the minuscule words from his perched place, stuck to the popcorn ceiling above a bewildered  Ned.

This was experiment number 89. Since the discovery of his powers so long ago, he and Ned had begun trial runs to discover it's extent. When school started up again (thankfully the bite was in summer, so he had some time to practice being 'normal), their testing days had slowed nearly to a stop.

This spring break was, probably, about to be the most memorable spring break in Peter's whole life.

Not yet though.

For now, they had finally started up testing again with random ideas they'd jotted down during their extended hiatus. Much of the initial hype was gone, but they still had the same burning ambition to learn.

This one was a test of Peter's eyesight, and they'd had the brilliant idea of having said teen remain on the ceiling (where he'd already been, during their hypothetical conversation of his unseen capabilities) to remain steady while Ned moved the book around the room. It was insane at how much further Peter could see now.

"Okay okay, what about—"

"Do you think the healing factor would cancel out a bottle of nail polish remover?" Peter interrupted Ned as he let the stick of his legs fall from the ceiling, his body rolling off after until he was on the floor.

Ned just watched in awe for a moment, as he always did, before shaking his head and moving on.

"For sure man" Ned shrugged, "maybe not a whole bottle, but you could do it I bet" he tapped his chin thoughtfully, "I'd rather not test that right now though, just in case it does do anything. Spring break just started and I've already got six pages of questions needing answered, man,".

"Dang, you're right" Peter muttered, stepping over his bag and a pile of laundry before plopping down into his bed.

"So let's see how long you can hold your breath under water then" Ned turned a page over, crossing something off of his notebook paper, his eyes trailing down the page.

Peter grimaced. Ever since the vulture incident, he wasn't too keen on being fully submerged in water.. maybe if it was hot water, like in the shower, but the idea still gave him his doubts.

Ned didn't get the full story, so it shouldn't be too hard to play off. He sniffed, biting his lip as he shook his head.

"Don't like water much anymore" he started, "all of my hairs start feeling really sensitive because they're all getting touched at once. Feels like being tossed out of an airplane" he congratulated himself on the accurate inside-joke from the time he was thrown out of a plane (which happened to be by the same man who eviley turned him hydrophobic like a jerk), in comparison to some freak-level touch receptions, or whatever they were called.