chapter three

The structure looked just as it did the previous night. Still demolished, the front door slightly ajar from when Hyunjin opened it.

He winced. He shouldn't have gone in, Seungmin warned him. He wished he'd not have done this regrettable action.

The midday sunlight stained the moldy walls in a warm effect, a stark contrast to the tragedy it had caused.

Chan was there to support him and he felt the empathy of the older. Jisung and Felix had to leave for early classes that day, and while Jisung suggested they could skip class, they had finals coming soon and could only leave Hyunjin with soothing and positive words.

A few officers were also present and they had already checked the place for Seungmin or the mysterious character. All the 'evidence' Hyunjin could provide, to prove that this incident was real, was that the door and hallway inside had been disturbed with dark footprints among the pale dust.

"So this is where you had entered?" The officer asked, referring to the main door.

"Yeah, I opened it and we came in," Hyunjin was proud to say his voice wasn't very shaky.

"And where exactly was the shadowed figure?"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The onsite investigation didn't go as smoothly nor was it as helpful as Hyunjin anticipated. All he could provide was the information of the exact location of the incident and details on Seungmin. He was glad though, as the officers began to look into the case more seriously because the enquiry had proved that Hyunjin and Seungmin did indeed enter the building but there was no sign of the 'shadowy figure' or any signs of struggle.

He did feel frustrated and angrier as he felt the weight of reality settle down on him. His friend was officially filed as a missing case. And all that because of a silly joke Hyunjin decided to play.

"Well that inquiry wasn't all that beneficial kiddo, all we could get was that your friend was kidnapped or he escaped." Hyunjin desperately hoped it was the latter.

"But, we can't rule out a murder either."

And that was it to make Hyunjin lose his sanity.

He almost pounced on the poor, confused officer if it weren't for Chan holding him back.

He had thought about it. Knew somewhere in the depths of his mind that there was a possibility that his friend was no more. Yet he had buried that thought below all his optimistic beliefs. Shoved it off because thinking of it, just felt like taking a bullet to heart.

But telling it out loud gave it a sort of finality and he, Hyunjin, can only try to keep up with this truth.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Yeah but I still don't get why you need to prove that Seungmin was really kidnapped. I didn't know that idiots run around with stories to prank the police. Don't they, like, have their own lives to be dealing with?"

"Well, at least, you know now."

"Some people."

"We all know what type of person Seungmin is. Don't worry Hyunjin, if he managed to save you, he could save himself just as well," Felix spoke up, cutting through Jisung and Chan's conversation.

Him and Jisung had just returned from college and Chan had filled in about the happening of that day.

Jisung, just as furious as Hyunjin, immediately crossed out the concept of Seungmin being dead.

"Who? Kim Seungmin? Possibility of being killed? Nonsense! If anything I would believe Felix or, no offense, Hyunjin were to be ambushed or killed. But Seungmin? He'd have wormed his way out with his words," he fumed.

Hyunjin felt this was true. Yes his friend was more crafty and stealthy than him and he believed that Seungmin must be safe. Right?

Before his tendency to overthink took over him, Felix stuffed one of his moist and sweet brownies in Hyunjin's mouth. Jisung and Chan were debating over the efficiency of the officers when Felix decided to begin a movie marathon.

As Hyunjin laughed at Jisung calling Felix a chicken when his friends argued over the movie with Chan complaining about no popcorn in the background, he swore heard a familiar puppy-like giggle beside him.