chapter seven

Minho looked slightly annoyed at the visit but immediately morphed his face back to a softer one after seeing it's Hyunjin.

Letting him in, Minho turned on the coffee maker beckoning Hyunjin to sit. As Minho was half-way through opening the brownie box, still with the silent atmosphere, he said, "Oh yes hello I'm fine too, thanks for asking."

Hyunjin let out a laugh at his blatant actions and returned his greetings.

It felt nice to let out a laugh once in a while. Minho grinned slyly and kept a cold mug of americano in front of Hyunjin and went back to nibbling on the brownies looking like he couldn't hurt a fly. Hyunjin knew better.

It was clear that Minho wasn't forcing Hyunjin to talk so he did it on his own accord. Clearing his throat, he started,"I know you're probably wondering why I'm here but Seungmin..." "Is missing, yes I heard."

Hyunjin felt slightly offended at being interrupted and that people beside him, Felix, Chan and Jisung know about Seungmin's disappearance.

Minho hurriedly assured him, "Not many people know, it's just that Chan happens to be a very chatty friend." Making a mental note to interrogate the older, Hyunjin continued, "So I just wanted to ask if you, I mean not that I'm accusing you of anything! Just like if you happened to be aware of anything related to this, um yeah." He cut himself short and looked around awkwardly.

Minho gave a tinkling laugh at that and said, "I understand why you are asking me. I noticed earlier today as well, you were lost in your thoughts and seemed to want to say something to me." Hyunjin felt bashful at being exposed.

"But to answer you, no I am not that devious enough to abduct someone just because they're a bit annoying. Like sure, I scare people off and think that anyone who hurts cats should be sentenced to death." Minho paused to shoot an adoring look at one of his cats that was straying into the room.

"But the reason why I insisted you to visit me, was because I wanted to talk to you."

Hyunjin, who felt a bit disappointed that once again his assumptions went wrong, bristled at Minho's last sentence.

"Tell me Hyunjin, how long have you known Seungmin?" "Around 10-12 years." Minho hummed, "And how well do you know him?" Hyunjin pounced into an explanation that knows Seungmin so well from his most embarrassing moments to his favorite coffee order.

Minho made a cringe face at that. "Right so yeah I did not want to know about Seungmin's private life thank you."

"But you're the one who asked me how well I knew him!"

Minho sighed, "I did not sign up to deal with a whiny toddler. I just meant to remind you that you do know Seungmin well. Heck I haven't even seen you guys apart until now."

Hyunjin mumbled something about them being best friends afterall.

"Sure you are friends but you know Seungmin well enough to put yourself in his shoes." At Hyunjin's muddled expression he pressed on, "Re-think about that day. Even if it's painful to remind yourself of such a traumatic experience, go back and think well, from Seungmin's point of view. Because if there's anyone who can bring Seungmin back, it's you."

He gave a pause to let Hyunjin process it all. "It's you. Not Han, not Felix, not Channie, not that inspector who looks like he came from a cliché drama, but you."

Hyunjin thought it over. Yes, he did understand Seungmin more than anyone could ever and he can find his singer.

Minho, understanding that Hyunjin felt more clear, said, "Thank you for attending my counseling session, that will be 800 bucks, pay up."

He pretended to be affronted at Hyunjin's laugh.

"Okay, if not money, then give me Chan's dorm details and class schedules."

"I knew it! You have a crush on him!"

"What? No! It's for, um, research purposes!" Minho hollered back.

Hyunjin was awarded with a hit to his head (the second time that day, people should really stop hitting him) when he wiggled his eyebrows at the older.