insomniac buddies

tw: none

after lying awake in bed for what felt like years, grian got bored of trying and failing to fall asleep. sitting himself up in his bed, grian grabbed his phone from his bedside table and turned it on. he mentally thanked himself for putting the brightness on the lowest setting before he'd attempted to sleep.

deciding that he'd ignore how it was only 03:15am, the blonde opened discord and scrolled through the list of his friends. as he'd expected, none of them seemed to be online. well, most weren't.

he stopped his scrolling once he saw a small green dot next to wilbur's profile, he found himself smirking as he opened up their dms.

wilbur sooty

grian: would i be right in presuming that you're awake, or did you just leave your discord open again?

wilbur: nope, you're entirely correct with your first theory

grian: nice to know i'm not the only one who isn't asleep

wilbur: same here, so why are you awake?

grian: dunno, just couldn't get to sleep. wbu?

wilbur: same as you haha

grian: wanna hop into a call?

wilbur: well i can't say no to that offer, i'll see you in the midnight vc since that seems like an appropriate section

grian: alrighty

coming out of his dms with wilbur, grian clicked on the large group chat that had all the members of their friend group on and joined the vc wilbur was in. he quickly plugged in his headphones before unmuting his mic.

"good morning grain." wilbur's voice said through his headphones, "good morning wiblur." grian said back. they both laughed before falling into light conversation.

after around an hour of purely voice chatting, wilbur turned his camera on and smirked at the blonde as if daring him to do the same. grian let out a tired sigh as he also turned on his camera which earned a satisfied grin from the brunette.

"your hair is a mess." wilbur commented, grian rolled his eyes, "well yours isn't exactly the image of neat either so i guess we're even." he shot back, the brunette chuckled at his defensive comment.

"calm down shorty, i was only joking." wilbur mused, grian huffed in annoyance.

"i'm guessing your brothers are asleep?" wilbur said in a questioning tone, "yeah, they both fell asleep ages ago." the blonde supplied, "what about yours?" he asked.

"as far as i'm aware they're all asleep." wilbur replied, grian nodded and they both fell back into random conversations.

after speaking for a good 3 hours, the sound of someone joining the vc echoed through grian's headphones.

"hello?" both grian and wilbur said, "what are you both doing awake at this time." came a very annoyed phil.

there was a moment of silence before it was quickly broken.

"oh hey phillll, we were just leaving." wilbur said in a rush, grian took that as his cue to leave and left wilbur alone to deal with phil's lectures.

putting his phone back on the bedside table, grian smiled to himself before finally falling into a peaceful sleep.

hope you enjoyed the first oneshot of this new book, i plan on posting 1 oneshot at least every 2 weeks after my GCSE exams are over. anyways, i hope to see y'all in the next chapter! i'm planning on starting off with shorter oneshots in hopes that my motivation won't delete itself.