Whispering Death

Class: Boulder

Physical AppearanceEgg

In the series and in School of Dragons, these eggs are smooth and oval, and of a dark turquoise color with even darker spots. The ones in the series have smaller spots. In Dragons: Rise of Berk, they looked as if encrusted in a translucent crystal. They have jagged edges and a dark swirl in its middle. This dark swirl could possibly be the curled-up embryo of the baby Whispering Death.

Hatchling to Adult

Whispering Deaths are able to fly as soon as they hatch. Whispering Death hatchlings are also known to come back to their place of birth. Whispering Deaths more resemble a giant gulper eel than a Screaming Death, with bulging eyes, spiny face and six rows of rotating teeth in their mouths. They also greatly resemble a serpentine Deadly Nadder, but with no legs and only spikes decorating their undersides.

Rarely, some varieties that live in deep, lightless caverns have developed a protuberance from their snouts instead of a horn. At the end of this is a luminescent bulb to aid with the Whispering Death's sight.

Titan Wing

Titan Wing

Titan Wing Whispering Deaths are bigger and armed with many more rows of larger, sharper teeth, making them even more dangerous. They have bigger eyes that do not show their pupils, their eyes are encircled by a small white ring. Titan Wing Whispering Deaths are covered with more, sometimes larger, dark blue spikes. These spikes can be found on their chin, behind their eyes, their neck and on their tail. They have pairs of purple wings with glossy blue edges. Their body is sand brown and the bottom of their chin is faint purple in color.

In School of Dragons, Titan Wing Whispering Deaths also appear to have a crown of large, twisting horns around their head. Their eyes remain white while the area around them turns red and they grow larger. Their spines grow thicker and appear more across their body while getting shorter near the tail. Their wings also gain a blue stripe while becoming spikier along the edges.

AbilitiesBabies

Baby Whispering Deaths are able to fly as soon as they hatch. Young Whispering Deaths are more dangerous than adults, as they have less control of their jaws or their spines.

Jaw Strength

A Whispering Death has the ability to use its jaw to travel quickly through solid rock via drilling. But despite their powerful jaws, they can't drill through metal, specifically cast iron.

Rotating Teeth

Whispering Deaths have six inner rings of sharp teeth that can be rotated in opposite directions which helps the dragon to make tunnels. As these rows of teeth move backward, it literally sucks in everything in its path. This is called the vacuum effect.

Firepower

Whispering Deaths can breathe expanding rings of fire with a steady stream of fire in the middle. An immature Whispering Death's fire is considerably weaker than an adult's.

Strength and Combat

Whispering Deaths are very strong physically according to Fishlegs, as shown by Toothless' Nemesis being able to throw Toothless a great distance by using its tail. They are also able to carry the weight of Alvin and Mildew by the tail.

As proven by Toothless' Nemesis, the Whispering Death is one of the few dragons able to fight against a Night Fury.

Speed and Agility

The Whispering Death's body is long and extremely flexible, and it can simply spin its body in a circular motion at a high rate in order to fly faster. With its long, thin body, the tail often makes a whip-crack noise.