26

tick tock

tick tock...tick tock...tick...tock

"taehyung?!" my name falling past his pale lips in a sharp manner. i quickly glanced up at dr. sungjin. his eyebrows were scrunched up tightly. concern glazed over his cold eyes, the only emotion he was able to feel. if he did feel any at all.

"huh?" i ask, quietly giggling to myself. silently praying he doesn't notice how nervous i was. he gave me an uneasy look, scanning from my head down to my feet. i lean forward, giving him the best smile i could manage.

"are you alright?" he asks, uncrossing his legs and placing a pen down on his desk.

i gave him a shrug, clenching my hands together. i wasn't alright, far from it actually. jeongguk has been missing since this morning. ever since he barged out of the lounge. clearly distressed and refused to talk to me.

along with that jin brought it to my attention that patients were vanishing out of thin air. i don't know how i never noticed it before, but as i look around—there seems to be less of us.

"i'm just tired today," i sigh, propping my head on my hand. "sorry."

"it's alright," he mutters to himself, obviously distracted by something. i watched him unlock one of the drawers on his desk. flipping through papers. his eyes lingered on a document for a couple seconds before he slammed the drawer shut. he tightened his jaw as he gripped his desk.

"is s-something wrong?" i ask him leaning forward in my chair.

"no, it's nothing taehyung," he forces himself to smile. "nothing you need to worry about."

"do you mean it, sir?" i ask sickly sweet. i had no idea what jins plan was. it felt like i was on my own here, but i knew i had to get that file. he wouldn't pay so much attention to it if the papers meant nothing. "you know i—"

"ATTENTION LADIES AND GENTLEMEN—OR JUST GENTLEMEN I SUPPOSE!!!" a voice blasted out through the overcome. i jump in my skin slowly turning to look at the speaker.

"dooouhhhreyyyymeeeeee," another voice soon followed, it could only be jimins. he sung a high note perfectly. probably the most pure thing this hospital heard in a long time.

"what the hell?" dr sungjin mutters to himself obviously vivid, i could barely hear him over jimin's singing. his high pitched voice makes the intercom crack and stutter. not able to pick up the various pitches.

this must've been the distraction.

i grow tense in my chair, ready to make a move, but still trying to figure out what to do.

"wait here," he sighs angrily. dr sungchins chair flies backwards as he strides over to his door. "i'll figure out what the ruckus is."

perfect.

"okay," i nod shakily, gripping the arm chair. waiting for the perfect moment.

as soon as i hear the door click shut i throw myself off the chair and collide with his desk. my shaky fingers fumble with the mountain stacks of papers, books, files, everything he had on it. i cringed as i felt myself get a paper cut. retracting my stinging finger, but quickly going back to what i was doing.