Chapter 3: The Capture

Long chapter ahead heehoo, also mild swearing and minor gore warning

    It had taken days, but she had made it to plains. She had even found a lone scout! What luck! After about a day of stalking, she was finally ready to make a move.

    "Uhm, hello?" "ACK-!" The guard yelped when I spoke. She was covered in bright blue and white, with strangely golden eyes. She's kinda cute.. no! I shook my head. That couldn't possibly be right! Back to the interrogation, haha!

    "Hello! My name is Indigo, and I come in peace. All I want is some info on the war." She seemed oddly fearful for a guard, weren't they supposed to be hardened warriors? "I- I can't! Bubbles would kill me for sure if I gave out any info!" I tilted my head. "Why would she do that? Doesn't she need guards?" 

    A sad look crossed her face as her ears drooped. "She doesn't need me.."

    Now I felt bad for her. I can't get attached to her! We just met! But the poor thing seems scared.. "Alright, I doubt she ever said that though. Right?" She shook her head. "She definitely did. Bubbles is ruthless, in her armies there's no room for weakness. I'd even bet a weeks worth of food she's planning some weaker members demise, including my own."

    Wow. I knew Bubbles was awful, but to kill her own pack members? I'd never heard of such things. I thought the dream I had was bad, and that was just a dream! But to kill your subjects, the ones who serve you and risk their lives for you.. that's despicable.

    I realized then and there that I could never leave her behind. I need to bring her with me, I need to save her. Her.. what is her name? "Hey, what's your name?" She let out a light laugh. "I couldn't tell you that, for all I know you could be one of Lilacs spies." 

    She was right. She can't know for sure I'm safe, but there's gotta be some way I could gain her trust. Oh, I know! I'll tell her my secret, that's sure to help. 

    I looked over to the girl. I noticed she was around my age. And very pretty.. NO! Wait, how am I gonna phrase this without sounding weird?

    "I AM IN A PROPHECY." She jumped at my loud voice. "Wh-what?" "Sorry, I couldn't figure out a way to gain your trust, so telling an important secret seemed like the first option." She seemed confused, but I feel like the loud announcement lightened the mood. "What kind of prophecy?"

    I explained the prophecy to her. About the amolis, about what I knew, about the words.. I also told her what I'd been through to get here. She seemed to trust me a lot more after this. She eventually ended up telling me her name. 

    "I'm Cerulean. I'm glad I finally found someone to talk to, I've been stuck out here for days. I feel like Bubbles is planning something and that's why she won't let me back to the pack."

    Speak of the devil.

    "Oh Ceruuulean! I see we have a guest, who might this be?" I looked where the voice was coming from. Over on a hill was Bubbles standing alone. I should be able to take her if she picks a fight. If I have Cerulean on my side, that is. Which it seems like I do.

    "O-oh hi Bubbles! This is just.. my cousin?" Bubbles laughed. "Your cousin? They definitely aren't from our pack, you're meeting with the enemy aren't you?" She shook her head fearfully. "N-no! I swear I'm not!" 

    "Well, this is the perfect excuse for your execution. I was going to make it look like an accident, but if I have a reason there's less chance of an uprising! Thanks little pup!" A look of realization crossed her face.