Chapter 4: The River Pack

More gore in this chapter, it isn't too bad though.

    They had managed to escape the near-death encounter with Bubbles, but now they had to deal with a new problem: the great gash on Indigos neck. She had already lost a lot of blood. They needed some kind of bandage to cover it.

    We did it. We got away from Bubbles, I don't know what aereis decided to smile upon us that day, but it did happen. But now my neck was still bleeding. "Hey Cerulean, do you see anything to help with my injury?" Cerulean seemed to still be to in shock to respond. I understood. I began looking around for anything to help.

    Eventually I spotted a plant with enormous leaves. I wrapped one around my neck and tried my best to push against the cut to stop the bleeding. Stupid fingerless paws! If only I was an ani right now. It did seem to help quite a bit though, I definitely was bleeding a lot less.

    Cerulean seemed to be a lot better now. "Hey, you alright?" I asked her. She nodded. "The real question is are you alright? You took a lot of beating in there." I nodded too. "I think I'll be alright. I think I'll need some rest though, do you think you could watch me?" "Yes, of course. It's the least I could do." 

    We found a cave for me to rest in. It was small, but good enough. "Alright, see you in a few hours." I closed my eyes and managed to fall asleep pretty quick.

    It was a flowery field. It was so beautiful, bright and sunny. And Cerulean was there as well. Not the flowers, not the bright blue sky, nothing was as beautiful as her. She looked over to me and smiled.

    "Hello sweetheart! It's almost time for our first actual date. Are you ready?" I nodded. This was so exciting! She walked over to me. It was so perfect..

    "Time to get up!" I jumped up. "Huh, what?!" She giggled. "It's been about 3 hours! Time to start going. We are going to find Lilac, aren't we?" I nodded sadly. Just a dream.. I got up and walked out of the cave. "Let's go."

    Time skip

    I have a crush on her. It's true, I can't deny it. But how am I supposed to tell her? How long am I supposed to wait? Gah, this wasn't supposed to happen!

    Besides that problem, we had almost reached the River Pack. We did have an issue that we'd been talking about. How were we supposed to get in with Cerulean there? She'd surely be attacked on sight. I could probably pass as someone from their pack, but Cerulean was as blue as the sky!

    The only thing we came up with was coming in surrendering ourselves, and try to look as un-threatening as possible. 

    After a bit more walking we arrived at flower cove.

    "Cerulean, do you think this plan has any chance of working?" She thought for a moment. "Maybe." 

    We walked in, trying to seem as friendly as possible. There were sooo many rukig there. I bet the two packs at war are the biggest ones in the world! "Uh, hi! We come in peace." I said. There was gasps and murmuring throughout the crowd. "Someone get Lilac!" A person shouted. Then a bright purple rukig ran into a cave.

    Out came the same rukig along with a larger, darker one. That must be Lilac. I bowed my head, and gestured for Cerulean to do the same, which she did. "Good evening, your majesty. We come here in peace with news, and we also would like to help. We really think we can. Do you have a few minutes for us to explain?" Lilac nodded warily. "Alright, what do you two have to say."

    Time skip

    "So you're the prophet? I was hoping you would choose my side, I can guarantee you Bubbles isn't a good person." I nodded. "She tried to kill us as we said before." They nodded. "I deeply apologize for all the trouble you went through to get here. Do you two have a plan to stop her?" I looked at Cerulean, and she shook her head. "We do not. All we know is that Bubbles has to die for this war to stop."

    "I'll plan a meeting with my higher ranked subjects for later today. But before we do anything else, I will introduce you two to our biggest advantage in this war." I looked confused. I hadn't heard of anything like that, it must be some kind of big secret. It seemed pretty exiting to be honest.

    We walked down a hallway to a room labeled "Laboratory." When we walked in there was a large amount of strange things, from vaumora scale power cells to actual aereis fur! 

    "We've been working on an experiment to be able to create broadcasts, and control the weather to our advantage. It was originally a dead minawii that we re-animated to a whole new being. This is Anomaly, our biggest secret." She opened a leaf woven curtain to a room with a minawii in it. It looked like a normal minawii at first, until I noticed some strange things about it.

    First of all, instead of a head it had a skull-like structure. It had lightly glowing rainbow colors along its back, and the mushrooms that would normally be bright and lively along its back were black and decay-ish. It was a bit scary if I was being entirely honest. I jumped when it spoke.

    "Hello, my name is Anomaly. It's nice to meet you two." It then turned to Lilac. "Your majesty, who exactly are these two?" Lilac smiled. "This is the prophet I've told you about, and her friend Cerulean. They have come to help with stopping the war."

    Anomaly looked surprised. "The prophet has arrived already? It seems the war will come to a close faster than we imagined then." Lilac nodded. "I hope you're right. Anomaly, do you mind if I tell them more about your power?" It shook its head. "I don't mind at all, the more they know the better we'll do in the war."

    "Anomaly's magic isn't too powerful, no offense, but it can do a few tricks. First of all it can control the weather. That means a few things, but the main way it has helped is when we're losing in a battle we can vanish into the fog. It can also broadcast things into large groups of peoples minds. And finally, they can change their scale colors. We don't know how the last two might help us, but we have a limited amount of possible magic implements and we'll take what can can get."

    I took all this in. How did they get the materials to do all of this? It's very impressive. Before I could say anything, Cerulean spoke up. "Wow, that's so cool!" She turned to Anomaly. "You're so cool!" It smiled. "Thank you, it means a lot." 

    "Anomaly, we will be going now. But just a heads up, there will be a meeting later today with you in it." It nodded. "Alright, I'll see you then." 

    We left the cave to get a room set up for the both of us for our stay here.

 I think there's just going to be a few more chapters until I finish this, but idk. I'm trying to make a finished story for once since I can never seem to do that- also there's not a lot of complete CoS stories so I'm trying to make one. No offense to other authors ofc, it's hard to stick with stories sometimes which happens to me a lot. Until next time!

Word count: 1232