Chapter 5: The Meeting

The duo had finally made it to the River Pack, and they were both excited and worried. On one hand they might be able to stop traveling for a few days. On the other hand, now was when the real war-stopping would have to begin. How will this play out?

    The good news was I'm finally getting an actual bedroom with an actual bed. The bad news, or good news? Was that I was going to share it with Cerulean! Is this a dream or a nightmare? I can't tell.

    "Here we are!" Lilac said. I peeked into the room, it was beautiful. Just the one room was as large as my house! I could definitely get used to this. "Make yourself at home, but the meeting will be in an hour." I nodded. "Alright!" "Thank you!" We said at the same time. "Hehe, jinx." I said with a grin. She giggled at me. 

    Once Lilac had left, we immediately ran to the bed. "There's only one, guess we'll have to share~!" I blushed a tiny bit. "Eep!" She laughed. "I'm just teasing. Or am I? You'll never know!" 

    Is she being serious? I have to tell her at some point, maybe now is a good time.. 

    "Hey Cerulean?" "Mhm?" I inhaled. "I have to tell you something important. I really like you, more than a friend. I know we met like, a day or two ago, but I really do." 

    She froze for a moment, and thought about it. Then smiled. She smiled! "I like you a lot too! I think it's a little early to start, Yknow, dating. But I'll keep it in mind!" I exhaled in relief. "Alright, I know you're right about that, but I'm glad the feeling is mutual." 

   "Come on, we should rest before we go to the meeting." I layed in the bed, and she followed.

    Time skip

    I woke up to a.. I think a servant? Telling us it was time for the meeting. I poked Cerulean and she woke with a groan. "Alright, I'm up!" She said. "It's time to head to the meeting." She nodded. "Alright, let's go." 

    We walked to the meeting room where Lilac, Anomaly, and a couple others were waiting for us. When we sat down, Lilac spoke.

    "I haven't introduced you two to my highest ranked co-workers. This here is Peony, she has been working as a royal guide since my grandpas reign. And this is Creek, he helps a lot in the labs with Anomaly." The two nodded at us. "Pleasure to meet you two!" Cerulean said. Peony smiled, but Creek didn't respond. Weird..

    We sat down around a stump that served as a table. "We are gathered here today at the arrival of the prophet. Now that she has arrived, hopefully we will have more luck at stopping this war. Indigo, do you have any ideas as to defeat Bubbles?" I was incredibly nervous, this was supposed to be the whole reason I was here! I did have one thing I was thinking about though..

    "I- I don't know if it would work, but I was considering this. Before I begin I must say I have a breath attack, I'm not sure what it's called, that can stun people and neutralize other breaths. Okay, here I go.

    Anomaly would broadcast a message to everyone in both packs about a fight between just Lilac and Bubbles, one to end the war. Whoever wins gets both territories. The fight would be to the death. But it would be rigged. I would jump in and stun Bubbles, everyone would back up as far as possible, and Anomaly would hit her with lightning, killing her."

    There was a silence throughout the people. Is that good or bad? I hope it's good! 

    Finally Lilac spoke up. "That just might work. How long did that take to come up with?" I shrugged. "I was thinking about it ever since I heard of Anomaly's abilities." Lilac seemed surprised. "We haven't been able to come up with anything like that since the start of the war! You must've been chosen for a reason. If this works, that is." 

    Creek muttered something. "What was that?" Lilac asked. "Nothing, nothing." Creek replied. "Well I think that plan is wonderful!" Peony said to me with a smile. "Thanks, I really hope it works.."

    "I think that's the end of the meeting, don't you Lilac?" Anomaly asked. "Mhm, everyone back to their rooms. The plan begins tomorrow." 

    So we all filed out of the meeting room. I really, really hope my plan works. It has to, right..?

Shorter chapter this time, but that was intentional. I'm saving most of my energy and inspiration for more important chapters. Or maybe I'm just lazy. That's all for now, stay tuned for next time!

Word count: 771