Chapter 6: The Elements of Power

Minor gore warning

    Today was the day. Today was the day that hopefully, Bubbles's reign of terror would be overthrown. They had been training for today for the past week, and had traveled to plains for the past couple days as well. Hopefully they were ready.

    I woke up with a yawn. I was ready to go back to sleep and sleep in, but then I remembered: today was it. If the plan worked, today would be the last day of the 10 year war. Today peace would stop chaos, the prophecy would come true. And boy was I ready for all of this to end.

    "Cerulean, it's time. Get up!" She opened her eyes slowly. "Ugh, can't it wait for 5 minutes?" I shook my head. "The earlier you get up, the earlier you can go back to sleep. I promise you can sleep all you want once we stop this war. But we need you now." She smiled. "Alright, that's very sweet of you. I'm awake." She stood up, and we walked out the door.

    We walked over to Lilac and Anomaly's cave, and both of them were up. "Hello Lilac! Sorry we're a bit late, someone couldn't get up." Cerulean giggled. "Oh shut up!" Lilac smiled, but remained serious. "Alright, does everyone remember the plan?" "Yes ma'am, we've been training for it for the past week." Ceruleans said. Lilac nodded.

    "Let's begin then, everyone outside."

    We walked outside. The first part of the plan was the broadcast. "Anomaly, you're up." It nodded, then began focusing on something. It stood there for a few minutes, then relaxed. "Alright, the messages are out. The one for the River Pack and the one for the Icicle pack." Oh yeah, we changed a bit of the plan. Now we had a different message for each one.

    "We need to leave for the arena in about 30 minutes then, in that time let's rehearse the plan and make any final changes." Lilac said. We all murmured in agreement.

    Time skip

    30 minutes later we were at the arena. Luckily things went as expected and nobody decided to make a move. They watched us warily. Well they actually just watched Lilac. You see, using the same technology they used to give Anomaly color-changing abilities they made a sort of invisibility cloak. It could only be used for limited amounts of time though, so hopefully we'd see an opening to jump in quick.

    We entered the arena to see Bubbles waiting alone. There were people in the audience, but not too many. It seems like not even Bubbles's own subjects want to see her win. 

    "Well well well! You showed up, and alone too. I do wonder how you made that broadcast, but I guess I'll never know. You're about to die after all." Lilac frowned. "Let's just get this fight over with. Remember, whoever wins gets both territory." Bubbles nodded happily. 

    The announcer started the countdown. "Three! Two! One! Go!" The fight began.

    Bubbles lunged for Lilac. Lilac jumped out of the way just in time, suffering no injury. Bubbles growled in frustration, but hit Lilac with ice breath which slowed her before jumping at her and dealing a nasty gash on Lilacs back. Lilac yowled in pain, then hit Bubbles with a huge amount of haunt breath. 

    I remembered from my training that too much poison will do damage and sap your stamina. That looked like quite a bit.

    After a lot more poison, Bubbles was rendered barely able to move. She growled. "That's it! Guards, get them!" I froze. Bubbles was planning to cheat too! But.. nobody came.

    "I said.. GET THEM!" Still, nobody came. "Gah, do you not want to win?!" There was a short, awkward silence before a few people spoke up.

    "We don't." "No, you're awful." "Definitely not."

    Bubbles froze, realizing what was going to happen. "Now?" I whispered to Anomaly. "Mhm." I threw off the cloak, and hit Bubbles with my breath attack. She froze in place, but now I noticed her eyes could still move. She looked at me with absolute, pure terror. 

    Clouds began to gather in the sky.

    Rumbles could be heard from the clouds as rain fell.

    Suddenly..

    BANG!

    A scream came from Bubbles, but was quickly cut off. All that was left was a pile of ashes where she was standing. "W- we did it? We did it!" I said. Lilac collapsed to the floor, breathing heavily. The three of us ran to her.

    "Lilac! Are you okay?!" She nodded weakly. "I think I'll be alright. I just need a lot of rest is all." I sighed in relief. The crowd seemed relieved too, but they were more relieved about Bubbles's death. "Hey Lilac?" "Mhm?" I was a bit nervous about this because I hadn't really told anyone about it, but.. "Do you think we can combine the packs? These people don't have a leader, maybe we can help them." Lilac thought for a moment, then nodded. "Although I don't have the energy to make the announcement, can you do it?" "M-me? Okay!"

    I walked out to to crowd. "Everyone, I have an announcement! Please listen!" Alright, all eyes are on me now. "I believe it is time for both the River Pack and the Icicle Pack to make amends. You people do not have a leader, so I propose we combine to make a new pack. The plan is for everyone to move to flower cove. There's plenty of room, and together we can make a beautiful future for the coming generations. You don't have to decide today, we can come back in a week. Does that sound alright?" 

    There were murmurs in the crowd. It sounded promising to me, but I couldn't be sure. Then someone spoke up. "Return in a week. We will have made our decision by then. And thank you so much for ending this awful war, you have our gratitude forever young prophet." I nodded. It was time to go back to the flower cove now.

    "Anomaly, do you think you could carry Lilac back?" "Of course, whatever I can do to help."

    "Alright everyone, let's head back."

ABSKSKSKSJOZ THIS WAS THE LAST ACTUAL CHAPTER- I will be doing an epilogue though to wrap everything up. That's all for now though. See you in the epilogue!

Word count: 1032